Chapter 6

After what happened that day, I thought that would be the first and last time I would see Adam, but I was wrong. Every morning, at my locker, he would already be there waiting for me. After school, he would also be waiting there if he didn't have football practice.

At first I tried ignoring him, but you see, it's hard to ignore his smile. He has one of the best smiles I've ever seen. When ignoring him didn't work, I tried to push him away. I told him to go away, to stop "bothering" me. To be honest, it wasn't too bad having him around. I realized how lonely I've been the past year. And besides, having the most popular boy in school paying attention to you isn't something that could be much of a bother.

In the end, I finally gave up trying to make Adam go away. I let him bring me home after school. We talked during the car ride and got to know each other. I found out that he loves kpop as much as I did. He likes Big Bang and Girl's Generation the best. And I told him that I like Infinite the best. I also told him that I listened to Big Bang, Girl's Generation, EXO, 2NE1, and 2PM too. His favorite color was also blue, just like me. He rarely mentioned his parents. I only knew that both of them were lawyers. And that they weren't home most of the time. Instead of talking about his 'rents, I told him about mine. I lived with my mom and I was an only child. My dad left us when I was 3. Adam changed the subject after I said and we never talked about our parents again.

We started talking to each other about everything. From Korean dramas (I'm still working on making him try it) to telling him ridiculous riddles I found on the internet. On the weekends, we would have a movie night. I would go to his place and we watched it in his living room.

It felt great to have a friend. And I guess that made me oblivious to certain things...

***

2 months later.

Adam was suppose to be here 15 minutes ago. Since a while ago, I told him I could wait after school for his football practice to end in the library. And when it was over, he would meet at my locker to bring me home. He always came on time. This never happened before. I got to my locker and didn't see him so I waited. And waited. For 20 minutes. That's when I decided to go look for him.

I went to the football field. Adam was there. He was talking with Brady at the bleachers. I was about to walk toward them when I heard them mention my name. I silently walked closer to them, straining to hear their conversation.

"...how's the plan going?"

"Yeah it's going great..."

"Did Sadie figure out anything?"

"...doesn't know anything..."

"When are you... breaking it off with her?"

"..dunno..maybe later."

"Did UCLA contact you yet?"

"Nothing yet, I just mailed my transcript."

"Alright, good luck."

When Brady walked away, I got up from my hiding spot and called for Adam. "Adam!" He turned around, his face pale when he saw me.

"Oh uhm, Sadie! I didn't see you there. Sorry for making you wait. I had to finish things up. Let me just go change real quick." Adam started to head toward the boy's locker room, but I blocked his way.

"What were you and Brady talking about?"

"Nothing, just football stuff," he replied nervously. I could tell he was lying.

"Oh. I heard you guys mention my name? What's it all about a plan?" Adam swore under his breath and started to apologetic toward me. "This wasn't how I planned to tell you."