Chapter 30

Adam's POV

I was driving down my street when I spotted a familiar blue Nissan. The car was parked in the driveway of a large two story house. The house was only a couple houses down from mine, but this was the first time I saw it.

Could it be Sadie? I slowed down and stopped in front of the house. I looked out the window and took a closer look at the car. I instantly recognized it.

It was Sadie's car. What was she doing there?

I took out my phone and held on to the number 2. I had saved Sadie's number on speed dial. In a few seconds, it was dialing. It rang several times before I heard the voicemail lady's voice. Why wasn't she picking up?? I redialed and hoped that she would pick up this time. But... she didn't. I slammed my fist on the dashboard in frustration. Why would she have a freaking phone if she wasn't going to use it!!?!

After a few more tries and there was still no answer, I gave up. I sat there staring at the house as all sorts of scenarios played through my head.

Maybe while she was waiting for me, someone forced her into that house. Maybe her car was only parked there because she had mistaken it as my place. Maybe she was kidnapped....

I finally broke away from my thoughts and decided to find out the truth myself. I parked my car across the street and walked over to the front door.

At first I knocked quietly. It was not too loud and not too quiet. But when there was no response, I started to knock louder. And before I knew it, I was banging on the door. The door hinges rattled against the door frame each time my knuckles hit the wood.

I stopped when I heard footsteps on the other side.

A man opened the door. He was wearing a white dress shirt with a loose tie around his neck. I was about to tell him the reason why I was disturbing him this evening when Sadie walked up from behind him.

Her hair was messed up and her clothes were wrinkled and creased.

Could she.... with him...?

The thought of her being with another man made my blood boil. The next thing I knew, my fist made contact with his face.

A/N: I hope you're enjoying the story so far! :) Sorry this chapter is so short! I promise the next time I post, it'll be longer.