Chapter 10

Adam's POV

I was staring out the window, looking down below for a sign of Sadie. She just went outside my office a few minutes ago and I wanted to look over her, to make sure nothing happened to he-...my drink. I watched as Sadie came out of the building and headed toward the crosswalk. When the light turned green, she started to walk but then a truck sped past her (barely missing her), honking as it got away. I was relieved she didn't get hit and waited for her to continue walking. But she didn't. She stood firmly in place, looking as if she was in pain. Did the truck actually hit her? Why was she like that?

Worried thoughts rushed into my head as I panicked. Without a thought, I rushed out of my office and ran to the elevators. I pressed the button impatiently. Come on.. come on.. The elevator was taking forever. I looked for the emergency stairs and rushed down the 8 flights of stairs.

By the time I got to the ground floor, I was sweating like crazy. Beads of sweat trickled down my forehead. I rushed out the entrance and ran to the crosswalk, looking frantically for a familiar brown hair. But she was no where to be seen. Where was she??? I ran across the street and went to the Starbucks store there. Maybe she was there?

As I got closer, I could see a familiar brown hair. Sadie! I was about to rush over to her and ask if she was okay when I noticed she wasn't alone. Next to her was a man who smiling at her. I felt myself burn with anger. So instead of getting me my coffee, she was flirting with another man??!!?? I couldn't believe this.

I turned around in disgust and headed back toward my office.

15 minutes after returning back to my office, Sadie finally came back with my frappuccino. I muttered a thank you and turned back to my paperwork.

2 hours and a lot of paperwork later, someone knocked on the door. Knock knock!

"Come in." I looked up from my work and saw that it was Carla. "Don't tell me you have more paperwork for me.." I said with a frown.

Carla smiled. "Nope.. not yet anyways haha. Sadie and I are going out to eat some lunch, do you wanna tag along?" she asked.

My eyebrows shot up. Sadie? "Sure, why not?"

"Alright. Meet us downstairs in 5 minutes." Carla chirped and left the room.

Hm.. having lunch with Sadie, sounds like fun. I smiled at the thought.

5 minutes later, I left my office and took the elevator down to the ground floor. As promised, Carla and Sadie were already waiting there. Carla smiled when she saw me. When Sadie saw me, she frowned. I guess she didn't know I would be coming along. I smirked.

"What are you doing here Mr. West?" Sadie asked.

"What do you think?" I asked in return.

"Not joining us for lunch?" she replied hopefully.

"Ding. Incorrect answer," I chuckled. "So where are we eating?"

"Olive Garden," Carla answered.

"Awesome. Then let's go."

Olive Garden was just a block away so we walked there. In 10 minutes, we arrived. The waiter brought us to a booth and handed us menus. Shortly after, he came back to take our orders.

"What would like to order?" He asked politely. He was holding a pen and pad of paper, ready to take our orders.

"A Grilled Chicken Caesar salad," Sadie ordered.

"And a Chicken Alfredo for me," Carla added.

"I would like Lasagna Classico," I added afterwards.

The waiter scribbled our orders down. "What drinks would you like?"

"Water would be fine," Sadie answered.

"How about you two?" he asked.

"Same as her please," I replied.

The waiter scribbled some more onto the pad of paper before taking the menus and leaving. Our orders arrived pretty soon afterwards. We started to eat. In silence.

"Soo.. Sadie, who was the man you were flirting with?" I casually asked.

"I wasn't flirting with anyone," she claimed.

"Oh okay whatever you say Sandie," I said as I took another bite of my lasagna.

"It's Sadie, not Sandie."

I smiled as I heard her correct me for the second time. It felt as if I had went back in time, back to the time when I first met Sadie and called her by the wrong name.