Chapter 12

Adam's POV

When Sadie suddenly stood up and ran off, I couldn't just ignore it. I told the other employees to continue the meeting without me and ran after her. Just like what I did several years ago. But I wasn't planning on letting her go and get hurt a second time because of me.

Fortunately I caught up to her at the elevators. She must of heard me, because her body stiffened as I got closer. I grabbed onto her arm and forced her to turn around and face me.

"What happened back there?" I asked.

"Nothing," she muttered and shook my hand off. The elevator button was already lit up, but she still pressed it again several times.

"Oh come on. Anyone could tell that what happened back there was not nothing."

"It's not your problem. Don't you have a meeting to go back to?"

"Anything about you is my problem, especially if you're hurt," I replied.

To my surprise, she started to clap. "Bravo, maybe you should've been an actor instead, your acting skills are off the charts. But seriously, you can stop the act now. There's no need for you to pretend like you care anymore. I'm no longer the nerd who does your homework," she scoffed.

I stood there shocked. She got her memories back??

"When did you get your memories back?"

"Just a while actually," she revealed. "But now I wish I never gotten them back."

"Let me explain about what happened that day..." I started to say.

She shook her head. "That's all in the past Adam. I'm not interested in knowing what happened. I just want to forget that it even happened."

The elevator chose to arrive at this moment. Sadie walked in and before I could get in after her, the doors slid shut. I quickly took the emergency stairs and ran down them. But by the time I got to the ground floor, Sadie was nowhere to be found.

I was about to head back upstairs when I thought of the times I brought Sadie back home. Maybe she still lived in the same house. I hurried to the parking lot and unlocked my car. I backed out of the parking space and drove out of the parking lot.

***

An hour and a half and a few wrong turns later, I finally arrived at her house. The exterior of the house was painted a tan color. There was a patio that lead to the front door. I parked my car across the street and walked toward the front door.

Knock knock! I heard a scuffling sound and then a petite woman with brown hair opened the door. She smiled when she saw me. "Is that you Andy?" she asked.

Andy? Who was Andy? Did Sadie have a boyfriend? I felt my blood boil at the thought of her hugging and kissing some man.

"Whose Andy?" I asked curiously instead of correcting her and telling her who I was.

She looked confused before speaking again. "Weren't you the boy who visited my Sadie at the hospital a few years back?"

I chuckled. Oh she was talking about me. Why was I getting all worked up? She just got my name wrong. "It's Adam actually, Mrs. Taylor," I corrected politely.

"Oh! I'm sorry, blame my poor memory," she said. "Well why don't you come in?" She opened the door wider and led me inside the house. She brought me over to the living room and told me to take a seat.

"Let me get you something to drink," she beamed. "I made some cookies too, let met get you some of that too."

When she left, I took a look around the living room. The walls were painted a light blue color. There was a fireplace in the center of the room. 2 loveseat sofas sat in the middle of the room with a white coffee table in between them. I took a seat on the sofa and waited for Mrs. Taylor to return.

A few minutes later, she came back with a glass of water and a plate of cookies. She placed them on the coffee table and took a seat across from me, on the other couch. She looked at me expectantly as I picked up a cookie and took a bite.

I've never tasted anything like this. It was doughy, chalky, and bland all at the same time. I quickly grabbed the glass of water and took several gulps. I smiled weakly at her and did a thumbs up. I forced down the rest of the cookie before I gulped down the rest of the water.

Sadie's mom smiled at me happily and slid the plate closer to me. I shook my head and said. "Thank you Mrs. Taylor, I'll have some more later."

"So what brings you here today Adam?" she asked.

"I was looking for Sadie?" I said.

"Oh she's not home right now," she replied just as the front door slammed shut. "Talk about the devil. I think she just came home."

"Mom! I'm home!" Sadie yelled.

I don't think she could see me from the front door, because if she did, she wouldn't have come in.

After a few seconds, Sadie walked into the living room smiling. But that was before she saw me sitting there. That's when the smile turned upside down. Her eyes widen in surprise before it turned into a cold glare. I smirked at her teasingly.

"Sadie sweetie, look at who's here. It's Adam, the boy I said who visited you at the hospital?" Mrs. Taylor chirped, oblivious to the glare on Sadie's face.

"Mhm really?" she said with a fake smile plastered on her face. "That's great news."

"I know right sweetie. Adam, would you like to stay for dinner?" she asked me.

"That would be awesome Mrs. Taylor," I said. I hid a laugh as I saw Sadie's face get red with anger.

"Okay let me start cooking then." And with that she left the room.

When Sadie saw that her mom left, she grabbed onto my shirt and pulled me into a room.

"What are you doing here?!?!" she hissed once the door was shut.

"What do you think? We didn't get to finish talking earlier so I came here to finish it," I answered. I guess she didn't like my answer because she seemed to get even angrier.

"Well too bad, get out of my house." She said angrily and pointed to the door.

"Hm, maybe later. Your mom's cooking me dinner," I replied as I sat on the bed.

The bed had a blue blankets and pillows with a matching nightstand on both sides. There was a desk nearby with a large bookshelf filled with books. And there was a closet and private restroom too. I was pretty sure this was Sadie's bedroom.

"Get off my bed," she hissed. She tried to pull me up, but she wasn't strong enough and instead, she fell forward, right on top of me.

Before she could get off me, the door suddenly opened. It was Mrs. Taylor.

"Oh I didn't know I was interrupting something," she chuckled. "I should've knocked. I didn't know you guys were dating!! You should've told me Sadie. Anyways, dinner's almost ready so get washed up and come out." She looked at us happily and left.

Sadie quickly got off, her face, red with embarrassment. "Look at what you did!!" she exclaimed.

"Not my fault, you're the one who fell on me," I said with a smirk which only made her face get even redder. I laughed in response.

"It's not funny!!" she yelled. "Stop laughing!" With that, she ran out the room with her hands covering her red cheeks.

I got up and followed behind her. Teasing her about her tomato red face as we walked to the dining room.