Chapter 43

Sadie's POV

Honestly, there was no point in running. He was going to catch up to me with just a few long strides. That was the bright side of being tall and having long legs.

Okay I admit it. It wasn't just his long legs that helped him catch up to me. I wasn't really trying to get away. There was a part of me that just wanted to give up this whole act. To be in his warm embrace. To be with Adam. To be happy. But my head was eating away at my heart. The logical part of me reasoned that it was not worth the risk. Once I go back to him, there was a chance that Sam was going to reveal to Amanda that I was still alive. And if he did, would she come back for me? The fear of that happening brought me back to reality. I was not going to reveal my identity to him. No Angela you aren't going to do anything rash, I told myself.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Adam grab onto my arm. "Angela, I'm sorry for what happened back there. It's just that you reminded me of someone I once knew," he explained. I looked at his eyes and they were filled with sorrow. Did he, perhaps, still remember me? Was I still important to him?

"It's n-no problem," I said quickly. "Let's go back to shopping. That's what we came here for, right?" I added changing the subject.

He nodded quietly.

I went over to a nearby rank and began looking for clothes that would replace my lost wardrobe.

"Let me help you. We're going to be here all day if I let you continue looking at only the clothes on sale," he sighed. He walked over to the rack beside me and began picking the clothes.

"No it's okay," I declined and stopped him with my hand. "I can do it myself."

"No you can't," he argued, his voice increasing in volume. "If you could, we would be done by now." He shook off my hand and continued to look.

Was he always this short-tempered? I sighed and went over to another rack.

--------------------------------------------

"How about this one?" he asked with a smirk as he held up a hideous black wool sweater with a dragon in the center of it.

I looked up and couldn't help but grin. Now that's the Adam I knew and loved. "Haha very funny, why don't you get it for yourself? You seem to be quite fond of it," I suggested with a smile.

"Naw that's okay," he shook his head and placed the sweater back on the rack.

------------------

35 minutes later, we were finally done with shopping. We ended up getting a lot.

There were some casual and some formal clothes, shoes, and a few handbags. For casual, I found a cute light blue sweater with a penguin in the middle. And as for formal, let's be honest, they're pretty much the same. It's always a white top and a pencil skirt. Well in my opinion it's always like that. For the shoes, I got a pair of boots, Louboutinpeach colored flats with a bow on it, and Louboutinblack heels. Then the handbags I got were a pink leather Chanel lambskin bag and a Saint Lauren peach colored bag.

By the time we left Nordstroms, I only had about 10 minutes to get to the office so I rushed back into the store and changed into one of the formal outfits I got. I came running back out 5 minutes later, changed and ready.

"Let's go or I'll be late," I announced as I hurried over to the passenger seat.

"Okay, I'll drop off the clothes and stuff at home," he said.

Home. I wish I could call their house my home. But it wasn't. I didn't have a home.

A/N: The picture on top shows the clothes Sadie mentioned in this chapter. By the way, my fingers were freezing cold which affected my typing, so there may or may not be errors/typos in this chapter. Please comment if there are. :) Gracias amigos