Chapter 38

Most of the preparations were finished by the time the engagement party rolled around the corner. Ms. Queen and her fiancé decided to hold the venue at the Hilton Garden Inn. I was told to reserve the largest, grandest ballroom available. We were going to have 16 tables, seating 8 per table, which was perfect because we had exactly 128 guests coming. Can you believe it? 128 guests. And this was only 1/3 of all their family and friends. We couldn't invite all of them because we had no space.

The engagement party was going to start at 8 but my call time was 7. All the staff, including me, had to follow a strict dress code. Females had to have a plain white blouse, black bow tie, and a black knee length skirt. The males had similar attires but instead of a skirt, they wore black jeans. Aprons and gloves were a must due to health regulation purposes.

People began to arrive as soon as the clock struck 8. Men were all dressed in nice tuxedos whereas the women had on stunning gowns. Each dress was a different color, design, pattern, and brand. They were just so beautiful and distinct in their own way. I couldn't help but stare at them in awe.

I greeted each guest with a smile and walked around to make sure everything was going smoothly. Every time I walked past the food area, the heavenly aroma from the food made my mouth water. It made my stomach grumble.

But I couldn't do anything but watch. We ordered numerous dishes from different cuisines. It varied from Korean to Indian. Just the thought sounded delicious.

This must've distracted me because I didn't see the waitress in heading towards me. Before I knew it, we bumped into each other, spilling the wine she was holding, onto me.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" she apologized. She tried to wipe the red stain on my white blouse, but it was already too late. The damage was done.

"It's alright, it wasn't your fault," I said reassuringly before quickly telling her to go back to work. She hastily picked up the glass and scurried away.

I sighed. What was I going to do about this stain? I didn't bring any extra white blouses. I walked toward the staff's locker room and went inside.

The company provided the each staff a personal locker for this evening's event. I searched for locker 4209 and immediately opened as soon I found it.

The locker was just like any other locker. It was pretty similar to my high school locker, except in high school I had spent time decorating it. In the locker I had now, I didn't have much things inside. Just an old looking tote bag and the clothes I wore before changing into what I was wearing now. I unbuttoned the stained blouse and slipped on the t-shirt I had stuffed inside.

It was a white-shirt that I bought from KCon last year. On the shirt, it defined the word "oppa". I had found it extremely cute and hilarious.

I silently prayed that no one would notice the difference before going out of the locker room.

The moment I came out, the MC we hired announced the arrival of the future husband and wife. My attention instantly went over the entrance.

Loud applause filled the room as double doors were opened. I could see that they were walking in hand in hand. Some of the guests whistled and whooped. I moved closer tried to get a glimpse of the groom. A bunch of the staff were already crowding around the entrance, making it hard for me to see. I tiptoed and strained my neck to see.

I gasped when I saw who the groom was.

"Adam..." I found myself whispering softly. This was the first time I said his name since the accident.

When I got over my shock, I turned around and calmly tried to get as far as away as possible. I heard footsteps follow behind me, but I ignored it and increased my speed.

But I wasn't quick enough. Before I could even get a few steps away, a voice called after me.

And it wasn't by my fake name.

"Sadie?"

I stopped, frozen in place and it felt as if time had stopped.

A/N: I need to ask you guys a question. Should I share this story on my Facebook and/or Instagram???