Chapter 41

I left the apartment building and began to walk on the sidewalk. My destination was unknown, but I pushed myself to move forward. One foot in front of another I told myself repeatedly. I became so preoccupied with my own self encouragement that I did not notice that a car had stopped beside me.

"Ms. Young? Is that you?" a high pitched voice called out suddenly, snapping me out of my daze.

I looked around and my eyes stopped on a white Porsche that had stopped by the curb beside me. When did that car stop there I asked myself in surprise. I walked closer and peeked into the window. I gasped when I saw Ms. Queen inside. "Ms. Queen! What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise and quickly dried my cheeks.

"I was just driving by when I spotted you. Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was you or not but I decided to give it a shot," she said with a bright smile.

I nodded at her explanation and waited for her to leave, thinking she had only stopped to say hi.

But she didn't move. Her eyes began to wander and she noticed my attire.

"Ms. Young... why do you still have your pajamas on?" she asked in confusion.

"Oh uhh.. about that..." I tried to think of a reason to why I was not dressed for work, but my mind was blank.

Then her eyes caught on to the redness of my eyes. "Did something happen?" She sounded concerned which shocked me. I had expected her to be like those rich, spoiled kids who had absolutely no manners for others.

"I got kicked out of my apartment," I confessed. This was basically what had happened if you simplified into one sentence.

Ms. Queen frowned. "That's unfortunate. Have you found a place to stay for the time being?" she asked.

I shook my head. "But I'm sure I'll find a place," I assured. I didn't want her to pity me.

"Oh no that won't do," she disagreed instantly. "Why don't you stay at my place for now?" she suggested.

"That won't be necessary. I don't want to intrude," I declined.

"You won't intrude, I promise. I'll need you to help with work matters anyways, it'll be much easier if we're under the same roof haha," she smiled.

Before I could reject her offer once again, she reached over the passenger door and opened it from the inside. "Get it. This is an order. From your boss."

I reluctantly obeyed and went into her white Porsche. What did I just get myself into????

A/N: Happy Halloween guys! What are you guys dressing up as?? :P Did you guys go trick-or-treating? What's your favorite candy?