Melvin Again

"You were hired to serve food at the wedding?" I spit out, laughing, as we all sit in the kitchen. Chris eventually came down when he heard all the commotion downstairs.

"Hey, I had to find a way to enter the house for Saturday and fit-in". Melvin says as he takes a bite of some chocolate cake Sasha made. "This is really good. Lord."

"You could have called." Alice says looking at him disgusted as he eats the cake like an animal.

"Slow down there." Chris says with the same expression.

"Simmons told me not to. He wanted to surprise yall, so Surprise!" Melvin says sarcastically. "Sorry, my flight was delayed and then I had to stop by the CIA building, I haven't eaten."

Melvin continues to eat then we discuss the meeting we have tonight, or the race. We can't really go into details about our plan for Saturday here, so we will leave that for tonight. Instead, we introduce Maggie to Melvin. She kinda blushed when he shook her hand. I wasn't the only one that saw that because Alice gave me a smirk and a head nod. We told him about how she was with us but had to lie to Hobbs about being in Miami.

"Your a little sneak aren't you?" Melvin says and she laughs.

"Might be." She says. "Im telling yall, once Dad finds out, I'm done...so enjoy my last few days." We all laugh.

"Don't worry. You're with the race group. International spies at day, bad ass teen racers at night." Melvin says finishing the cake. I notice he looks more happy and calm than ever. I guess that the mission and everything helped him mature more.

"So what happened to your little girlfriend." Chris jokes and Melvin pushes him playing around.

"Who Zoe?" He shrugs. "Eh, we never were anything really. She stayed back in the UK and I came to the United States." He says trying to be cool with his hand motions.

"You are not funny." I simply say and kill his vibe.He looks at me serious. "I'm playing." I then laugh. After that, Robert comes in from the patio.

"Guys meet--" I start to introduce Robert but Melvin interrupts.

"Yo Robert my mans!" He says shaking his hand. Robert has the same reaction. I'm guessing they already met before through Simmons.

"If you don't want people raising eyebrows Melvin, try to not talk to the racers. They, and I mean Ralph, will find it a bit suspicious that you know them." Robert says emphasizing racers, like we are some rare species.

"Robert you got my message?" Chris says. So all of a sudden Chris and Melvin know Robert. What the heck? Where was I ? I just met the kid and he is supposed to be on our team.

"Yes. I'll set the cars ready for Saturday. We will talk details tonight though." He said nodding.

"We haven't met." Alice says so she extended her hand. "Alice."

"Nice to meet you Alice. And hello Maggie." He says shaking Alice's hand and then Maggie's.

"Woah? You know my name."Maggie says joking and shaking his hand.

"Rosie." He says passing by me with a grin and a nod.

"Hello and bye." I say letting him pass by me. Everyone leaves to go do what they have to do. Chris helps Sasha and her relatives get comfortable around the house. Alice and Maggie are low-key trying to find ways to hack the networks by searching in closets and behind cabinets. Meanwhile Melvin and I, sit in one of the house's living rooms with a computer in front of us, trying to help Maggie and Alice find some locations for cables and stuff. After a while, we find a way to hack two networks using Melvin's computer; these networks give us access to a full 360 map of the house and headquarters and other important information.

"Bingo." I say shutting down the machine in front of us.

"When Melvin appears, he saves the day...." Melvin jokes.I grin but then I can't help asking about Sean even if it hurts just mentioning his name.

"Oh yeah about that. You both are just stupid...sorry but the truth is the truth. Like why give up on each other so easy?"

"You wouldn't understand Melvin...I have to be careful to who I drag into all this mess. You know that Ralph has no heart.. Ugh ... I can't open him to one of my problems and have his life on a line again."

"Uh Rosie, I think anyone that's in this right now has their life on a thin line. Same shit that happened in the UK. .....And we are alive. Yes we almost died but we didn't." I try to not focus in asking about problems I just ask him if hes okay. "Once you left, the guy was dreary all the time. Three days later, after you left, we went back to London to talk to Simmons and all that. He told me he had talked to you on the phone and everything. And then everything changed when we arrived in Miami."

"So he understood what I meant?"

"With the not picking up. Yep pretty much... but yeah he had no one but me. Ha, we went from enemies to brothers. You know I got to know him and the way he talked about you Rosie...I swear, he misses you and he needs you."

I try to hold back any emotions. "I miss him too. Like, I think about him all the time Vin. But now after this mess I plan on going to Thailand...you see what I mean? Like he has a family that cares about him, I cant drag him into all this shit I'm about to go through."

"Rosie but that's the thing. You can't do it alone-"

"Yes I can." I interrupt. I know I can. I've always done everything on my own, Sean is important, but its not like I depend on him to get things moving.

"No and you won't....The people that care about you won't let you go alone." Melvin says not letting me finish.

"But ....Things got complicated. ..I found out that maybe my mother. My mom. She can possibly be alive. Alive Melvin!"

"What now?" He asks surprised. He stops and looks at me. "Oh my god. Now you are definitely not going to Thailand without me." We laugh it off. Melvin will forever me someone who isn't just a friend but family. "How old is that girl, Uh- Maggie?"

"I knew it." I said laughing and standing up. "You couldn't keep your eyes off her you flirt." I pick up the computer.

"She cute what can I say?" He says following me.

"Go practice your serving food stuff. We start rehearsing soon." I laugh as I open the doors to get out the living room.

"Ugh I forgot I was doing that." He said whining.

"Not my fault." I say walking towards the stairs to get to my room. "And ....Fifteen VinBoy." I say as I walk upstairs. He looks up and gives me two thumbs up before walking away.