A Joke

The Next Morning

"Melvin said you never got back to your room last night..." Alice says as we walk out the hotel to eat breakfast by the beach. I look at her and soft giggle. She looks at me with a weird expression as she smiles. "Oh girl. Details while we eat."

"It's not that big of a deal Alice. I bet you and Chris did it the first night ya'll met." I say sitting down and placing my thai breakfast on the small table. The guys went out to search for more cars since today we hopefully leave to Cambodia to find Dang Pin.

"Not true." Alice says sitting to be in front of me. She places her breakfast plate down. "We are not even official yet. He never asked me out like the whole 'You want to be my girlfriend?'thing... But..we did it the second week after we met." I gasp.

"So why you blaming me?" I ask joking around as I drink the best orange juice ever. Thailand really has the best food.

"I'm just happy for you too. It's like yall both were meant to be." Alice says, setting the mood.

"In a way." I say catching myself blushing. "What is this called again?" I use my spoon to scoop this soup type dish with rice inside. My best attempt to change the subject, I am not used to talking about Sean and I all like that. This is all new to me.

"Its called Joke." Alice says drinking her soup. I laugh at the name.  "It's amazing." She moves the Joke away from her and takes out her laptop.

"Found anything on Dang Pin?" I say still drinking this really delicious stuff.

"Yeah. I did a background check. Some of his family still lives here in Bangkok. I was thinking in talking to them or something, but it will just be a waste time to track all these family members." Alice says typing things into her laptop.

"You're right. Have you background checked his last name in Cambodia?"

"Melvin and I worked on that last night. Unfortunately there is like no info on his full name or even last name." Alice says shaking her head. I stop eating and also shake my head. How are we going to find this dude?

"That Doctor we talked to. I don't know, I feel like she knows more than what she said." I say moving my chair to be next to Alice.

"Let me see what I can find about her and I'll let you know what I find." Alice says focusing her attention to the screen in front of her.

"Crap, Cambodia will have to wait a bit more until we find more stuff." I say standing up and walking back and forth. I thought this was going to be a little bit easier. The guys arrive a few moments later,, with a huge, white, cargo truck. They park it in front of the hotel's parking lot.

"What the hell?" I say laughing as I walk up to the white truck. Alice follows me.

"We call her 'white lion'..." Melvin says stepping out of the huge truck.

"Ain't she a beast?" Sean says also stepping out. I take out my phone and take a quick picture to send it to Maggie. She will find it hilarious.

"This is so extreme." Alice says laughing at Chris who steps out the driver's seat.

"Extreme why? We had to get creative." Chris says posing for a picture in front of the 'white lion'.

"Wait yall wanna see the best part?" Sean says walking to the back of the long truck.

"I'll do the honors." Melvin says as he takes out his phone and taps on something. The huge rear door opens. We all walk to the back of the white lion and see that there are 5 race cars inside.