Rebellious yet Free

"And so he threatened me to never leave, believe me I tried." Mom says holding my hands as we sit side-by-side in one of the many black SUVS that showed up after Simmons arrived. The crew and I separated and dispersed between them. The young kids will be taken into buses to the airport as well since there are so many of them. One of the things that I got out of all this, is the satisfaction that these kids will be reunited with their families just as I have been reunited with mine. Mom tells me about her many attempts to escape Ralphs commands and all she suffered these 10 years without hearing from us.

"I bet you guys suffered just as well, but had Deckard by your side." Mom says and Chris and I give each other a side glance. He, Alice and Sean are sitting in back of us.

"Well, boarding school kept us alive." I say and the crew in the back giggle.

"Boarding school? Deckard, you sent out kids to-" Mom says confused.

"Okay we are almost at the airport." Deckard interrupts trying to dodge the subject. Simmons let him get out of jail to help with the whole mission, I guess he will be out of jail but forever in the eyes of the CIA. I think I will end up like that too because before hopping inside the van, Simmons told me we will discuss the probation details in Miami. Honestly, after all the laws we have broke, I don't find it weird to be in the nations top ten most wanted list.

"Can't believe my kids are fighting, racing rebels." Mom says. "Where did you go wrong Deckard?"

"Well leave your kids alone in Atlanta for the summer and..." Chris says.

"The house in Atlanta. It still there?" Mom asks.

"Of course, forever will be our house although I now am moving to live in Miami." I look back at Sean and he winks at me with a smirk.

"Miami? Why?"

"Because that's where my mega mansion is located." Chris says with pride. "I'll have you living like a queen."

"Oh Chris." Mom shrugs. "I can live wherever as long as I am with you all." I lay my head on her shoulder. This all feels to good to be true. We drive for a while before making a stop in the motel to get our stuff, drop Felix, and say goodbye to Felix and Ramon. Felix told me that Chugo and his friends were the ones that called the crew and told them where I was and they called the CIA too.

"But they got in trouble for buying drugs from the cartel." I say as I bring my suitcase down the stairs of the motel.

"No, well some of them did. When Chugo called us, he was on an airplane on his way back to the US, said something about 'finding his family'." Felix says and I internally smile. I'm glad Chugo is doing the right thing and that I helped him make that choice.

Saying goodbye to Felix, Teresa and Ramon was the hardest thing for the crew and Mom."We will make it possible for you all to come to the US, we promise." Mom says with tears rolling down her cheeks. This was her family for the past 10 years, and we will help her bring them to the US so that she feels completely happy. We hop inside the SuVs and say goodbye to Ascension, Mexico once in for all.

"From Thailand to Us to Mexico and now back to the US." Melvin says as he and Maggie hop inside the SuV in back of ours.

"Adventures of the savages of the CIA." Maggie says laughing.

"You guys went to Thailand??" Mom asks surprised.

"Yeah, and we almost got kidnapped." Sean says and I laugh as I remember our police vs teens showdown in Bangkok.

"We found valuable information though because we found our target." Chris says hugging Mom from behind. All smiles all smiles.