Near the Abyss

I can't breathe...I can't think. Roberts is dead and Maggie got shot in the arm. We all concentrate on Rob as we hear a gunshot in back of us and Owen scream. There kneels in Eve in front of him, shaking as she holds a gun in her hands. She shot Owen in the chest and he is basically rolling on the floor screaming in pain. I walk up to her, still trying to process the fact that Rob is dead. She drops the gun and drops to the floor crying.

"I killed him.. I had to." She says as I drop to the floor and hug her. "I killed him. My dad."

"Shhh." I say rocking her back and forth. Owen is not dead, but he definitely is hurting right now as his screams echo throughout the building.

"He killed Robert Rosie. He killed Robert!" She screams hysterically.

"Guys, let's get out of here." Vic says walking to pick Robert's dead body up. "The CIA is outside."

"This is your fault, why would you hysterically shoot like that." Chris says irritated.

"Those guards were going to kill you all, Owen directed them when he whispered to one of his guards.." Vic says picking up Robert in his arms, leaving a pool of blood on the floor. I don't know If I am crying right now, I have pain and torture tattooed on my chest at this point.

"Bro, just drop it. Let's get out of here." Sean says to Chris who is hugging Alice. Melvin and Sean help an almost crippled (again) Owen walk. There is a trail of blood as Vic walks towards the exit to the building. The group of kids have joined us and it upsets me they have to witness all this blood and dead bodies on the floor.

I hold on to Maggie and Eve as we walk out to the exit. As I walk out and look at the daylight it hits me and I break down. Robert died trying to save me. No more dead bodies, yet one more. I let go of Eve and Maggie and just kneel on the ground and cry silently. I stop after a long while and watch how a sea of cop cars approach us and paramedics get down from the helicopters to aid those who are injured. Most of kids are not injured but there are many who are sick and traumatized and the paramedics can tell.Owen is taken by some paramedics who are accompanied with people from the CIA. At least he won't go anywhere anytime soon.

Some paramedics come to me and offer me some water and antibiotics. I take the water, but I don't need antibiotics right now, nothing can numb this pain. They also give me a couple of bandages and alcohol for my cuts and scrapes which I didn't realize I had. Like I also didn't realize I had twisted ankle and wrist.

After a while of watching everyone rush here and rush there, almost an hour, Sean sits down next to me. He hugs me and I lay my head on his lap.

"Don't say its your fault, because its not." He says and I literally was going to say that too. But how can it not? If I had never run off like that and met with Chugo, maybe Triza and Robert would be alive right now. Maybe if I had let the CIA carry this out on their own, none of my friends would be dragged into this.

"I want to disappear." I say sincerely. Sean goes on to give me some words of encouragement as I gaze up to see Eve with Maggie and Melvin in the far distance talking, Chris and Alice walking together, and Felix helping some paramedics out with the kids. The crew will go on their life, but I will be the one carrying the guilt of all these people's deaths. The fact that all this happened and I still haven't found mom...

"...you can try to disappear...well not before talking to Simmons. He just pulled up, come on." Sean says and I stand up and hold his hand. My mind is in who knows what universe right now, but being with Sean figuratively helps me keep my feet planted on this planet. I see Chris and Alice walking away from the paramedics, Chris with a bondage on his left arm and stiches on his forehead.