Family

The next Day

I wake up screaming, and crying. Crying hard. Earlier, I barely cried, I was numb but now, that numbness left. All I see is Sasha, in her stained wedding dress, on the floor, dead. Dead and never coming back.

"You okay." I hear Sean. He's waking up, sitting on a couch next to my bed. Seeing him calms me down a bit. I reach over for his hand and he comes and lays down next to me. I move a bit to the side so that he has space to lay down.

I didn't even  realize when we got to this hotel, or when I fell asleep.

"I'm here Rosie. And never going anywhere again." He says and I hold him tightly. Sean is here, physically here.

"She died saving me." I say crying silently and resting my head on his chest. "This is all
my fault. Everything is my fault."

"No, it is not. Thanks to your bravery, Ralph is dead now." He says. I suddenly remember he died.

"...now he will ever tell me where my mom is or what happened to her." I say shaking my head. He was the only one that could have told me, but a part of me is glad he died.

"Melvin and Chris filled me in on some details while you slept. We will find out what happened to your mom once we get to Thailand don't worry. By the way, Owen was captured off the coast of Greenland like 10 minutes ago. Thanks to the files you guys got, they were able to locate him." Sean grabs my hand kisses it. With the storm comes the beautiful sunsets and rainbows and that is Sean right now.

"I don't know what to feel...I'm still in shock." I say as I find myself not crying anymore. Pain is so common to me that I know crying doesn't change anything.

"I am too. Believe me Rosie, we are all human here and were kids. What we did out there though, saved many lives and hundreds of girls in prostitution." Sean says caressing my hair.

"I know. I know that, but we had to lose someone who was important to us. You didn't know her Sean. She was like our second mom... She cared about us and she was there helping us." I say standing up and walking towards the window. I look out and see that Los Angeles skyline right in front of me. Illuminating the dark sky. Sasha became someone I truly cared about during these weeks living with her. She would make sure we were okay at anytime. She died saving me.

Sean comes behind me and holds my waist. I get goosebumps on my skin, I never realized how much I missed his touch. I turn around and stare into his eyes. I know I'm not alone with this confusion of feelings, I know we are feeling this way. Together we will cope with it somehow, I know we will.

"I missed you." I whisper leaning my forehead on his nose. He kisses my forehead and then holds my cheeks with his strong hands. I feel so safe with him. I haven't felt this in so long. I lean in for the kiss but he lets go and walks away. I feel hurt but I understand why he is acting like this.

"Today, you and that Robert kid.." He says that look of hurt and disappointment spreading across his face. I take a deep breath.

"It's not like that. He is my friend, Sean." I say walking up to him and holding his hands. "Only my friend."

"Well he doesn't seem to think that. He was about to kiss you." Sean says. He is jealous just like I would if I walked in on him and a girl about to kiss. But I didn't want to kiss Robert.

"Do you trust me?" I say backing up and testing him. He reaches for my hand but I back away.

"Rosie- of course....look I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't be bringing this up in a time like this..." Sean says turning around to walk out the door. I will not let him walk away this time. We both  are too good at this game. "If you want something, you never let it go." Sasha once told me, and I will never let Sean go again. Thank you Sasha, for everything.