SunSet

Basically we were all going to be in probation for the next year and we had to do a crazy amount of community hours. Alice was going to work with the CIA in Washington D.C., as well as go to college over there. Chris was going to join a car engineering class and work for a rehabilitation center. Melvin was going to finish high school school and take some time to take care of his Grandmother . Sean will also finish high school and spend time with his family.

As for me, I will be living in Miami and going to a public High School, I really do not how I will live through that but after living through this summer, I can do anything.  What Simmons really forced us to do though, no matter where we were, was to take part in mental therapy sessions every week. We will follow his commands to make him happy, but most importantly, after all we been through, to help us heal all the wounds of this summer.

1 Week Later

I drive down Sunset BLVD, my left hand caressing the warm wind. I grasp the wheel of the BMW M3 with my other hand. My left foot controlling the gas...I know my probation officer won't let me see the sun If he finds out I am out on the streets driving, but honestly nothing can stop me at this precise moment. It's hard realizing all you lose to gain. Sure I have mom, and the family I always dreamed to have, but so many innocent people had to lose their lives in the process.

A summer that I will never forget. I met so many wonderful people who helped me mature and sort of look at the world from a different angle. Sean, of course, came into my life to show me that love exists. He is the reason I fall into reason and learn from my mistakes. At the end, even with my fucked up head, he still is there for me, and I love him for that. Along with Alice, who was a very shy controlled person with a destined plan she didn't want to be a part, Im glad I got her to open her eyes and do what she always wanted to do, be free.

Melvin and I go way back, but this summer I met such a chilled person who loves to have fun. Not only is he super skilled, but he brings the life to the group. Chris went from partying to maturing into such a great person. He still doesn't know how to control his anger issues, but at least he shows he cares when he's mad. He is my brother, my mother, my dad; Chris and I will always be there for each other no matter what.

Then comes Simmons, our pain in the, yeah. Simmons engulfed us into this thing without really asking us if we wanted to do it. He believed in us, despite calling us the racing rebels. He knows us all more than we probably know ourselves...Although we gave him. the worst headaches, he still cares for us, just in his own CIAish way. Deckard is my dad, someone who I couldn't call that a month ago. It's not like I have fully forgotten all the suffering I have been through due to he not being there, however, life is about second chances. I think that with time, Chris and I will understand his intentions and finally, for now, it is still too fresh for us to fully accept him, but I cannot deny the feeling I get when I hug him, it feels so at home.

Finally mom, who came into our lives a week ago, but it feels like she never been gone. It's surreal to think she's here with us right now, alive. Sometimes I look at her, with her long black hair and I try to make my self believe this is real life. Every second I spend with her, it's like making up for every minute we weren't together.

Me. The same Rosie lives on, just a better version of her. The love for the streets just lives in me, it is something that will never leave. As I grow and realize how fucked up the world is, full of criminals that live within your family, the more I want to eliminate them all. Violence is never the key, but when it comes to forever deleting the rapists, the assassins and the criminals who continue to ruin people's lifes, they have to go. Nothing is guaranteed in life, and I have learned that this summer.

I drive down the road, looking at the sun set right before my eyes. What happens next is uncertain. Only thing I know, is that family is above everything and that without them, there is no destination to your directions.

A/N
Hey guys, I am beyond thrilled for the support given to the Miles per Hour series. I am speculating if I should write the third book? What y'all think? I feel like another mission as teens would be boring, so why not when they are adults? I honestly have tons of ideas, but at the end, I love hearing your feed back and suggestions. Thank you so very much for allowing me to share this private side of me.

Writing has come to my life to give me an insight on what is like to have freedom and do what I like. It is therapeutic and so relaxing. Again, thank you much!!

- Yami ✨

P.S : I wrote Mission Assimilate as a follow up to MPH2. Its a very short read kind of letting you in a bit more of the crew and how they tried to go back to normal after this crazy ass summer. I started a lot of it, but I didn't really get to fully finish, however, check it out if you fell in love with the characters of MPH.

Its not really a story meaning (main plot points), but its more of like Rosie's journal if you might say.

♥️