Conflicts

"What?" Eve says with an attitude, still on her phone.

"Well you know. What the hell is going on with you? A funeral service for Ralph really?" I say annoyed. She lets out an exhausted breath and shuts her phone off.

"I couldn't make it to the wedding, but I thought it was fair to have a service for him." She says and I really want to smack her. She is still drunk, I can tell.

"Why Eve? You saw how Ralph was. He transports humans and drugs..."  I say trying to bring reason to her diseased brain.

"And, he was the best grandfather anyone could ever had. He took care of me and loved me. Something Owen failed to do. I thank Ralph for giving me the life I deserved."  She looks away and I know she isn't sober right now, but I can't lie and say I don't feel some sympathy for her.

"You know Deckard failed to love me too.." I say in the most sincere way possible. "It's true Ralph was there, yes, but he killed Sasha right in front of my eyes. Eve...He disappeared my mom. Why you think we came all the way down here?"  She stays quiet as I continue. "Stop trying to play the victim here...It ain't working."

"I thought your mom was dead?" Eve says after while. Then something shatters the silence as Nina appears from the back of the reception stand.

"Sorry, didn't know you guys were talking." She says.

"I'll actually talk to you later. Rob just texted me and I'm hungry for tacos." Eve says standing up and looking down at her phone.

"Eve. you can't go out drunk." I say standing up with her. Nani just shakes her head.

"Rosie, who the hell are you? I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want. Damn." She says and I just let her be. I may have serious issues, but Eve is on some other level of problems.

"I'm sorry about your brother, and your friend." Nina says, standing by the reception desk. "And Eve..."

"It's cool. Simmons know what's he's doing." I say as I stand up to walk to my room. "And Eve, it hurts to share blood with her but, she is just lost and needs help."

"Who is Simmons?" She asks and I tell her he is the leader of out crew. She looks at me for a second and then she says. "You know Rosie, I admire your strength." I feel a bit shocked by the comment, I am not a person to admire. However, I try not to be mean to her since I basically have shown her a really bad side of me.

"Life has made me like this. I never asked to be like this." I say. "Goodnight Nani." She smiles and says goodnight and I turn to walk upstairs.

2Days Later.

Two says after arriving to this city, we still don't have Chris and Alice with us. I feel desperate and I can't sleep at night. Simmons has called like every hour to check up on us and what not, and he told us that they already found the location where these human trafficking buses stop and where Chris and Alice most likely are. The CIA already has a plan and they will most likely go in today to rescue them. But still, they are not 100% sure.

Deckard called and he said he might drop by to see me, but I tell him no to; I tell him to focus in the mission and find my brother and Alice.

We, the crew, have been feeling useless these past 48 hours. We want to go in and help... Basically we have been racing up and down the highways outside of Ascension with the cars Rob brought. We drive  through the desserts as we try to distract our minds. Nina and Felix think we are crazy, and that we are only finding ways to die.

In Ascension, the people have been lovely and caring. We have encounter some minor problems with this group of teens who swear up and down they are big and bad. They are called "La Sangre." (The blood). We have seen then walking around and they have given us the bad eye. Felix told us to try and stay away from them, but in reality, it's actually the opposite; they are trying to stay away from us.

Eve has been acting okay. She is still spoiled and arrogant but she is actually worried for Chris and Alice. She and Rob have been spending a lot of time together in this past two days, which makes Sean happy because Rob isn't all over me. There is an issue now though, Felix is also spending time with Eve, and well she being a flirt, responds back. And then so things really get fucked up , Maggie also seems to spend some time with Felix.

Melvin on the other hand, still likes Maggie however, now that he's jealous because of Felix, he is flirting with all the girls in town. Things are getting crazy here and I'm scared. We are a crew built on trust and unity.

Sean and I are taking a walk around the park in front of the motel. With all this chaos we really haven't had time to talk alone. Last night, I crawled out of bed and walked to his room and I just laid there with him. His heart heat and comfort made me feel so much better.

"Mexico is so peaceful." Sean says as we walk. His arm is around my shoulder.

"It really is." I say watching some kids play around.

"Things are getting dramatic between the crew, have you noticed?" He says and I nod.

"I know. It worries me-" I say as I get interrupted by Melvin.

"Guys. Comeback to the Motel! They are going to kill each other." I press my ear device and look up at Sean. Oh yeah, Simmons made all of us wear our ear device and all that connection stuff every day now. Its a rule..

"Let's go." Sean says and in no time we are in front of the motel. It is
crowded with people. We see Rob and Felix fighting. People are chanting and stuff as we make our way through the crowd. Nani comes out the motel along with Melvin to separate these two . Sean and I help separate them as well.

"Cabron!(dumbass)" Rob yells at Felix. "You don't know who you messing with."

"Ay Hijo de puta!(son of a bitch). No me das miedo guey. (You don't scare me.) " Felix says as Sean and Nani hold him back.

"A qui esto se acabo! (This has ended)" Nani yells to the crowd that piled up to watch the fight. "Fuera de aqui! (Get out)."

"Eres un estupido.(You are stupid)" Rob tells Felix. "Es mi chica (Shes my girl)."

"Tu eres es estupido aqui! (You are the stupid one here)" Felix tells Rob.

"I don't know what they're saying but isstupido means stupid." Melvin says.

"Nice one obvious." Sean says sarcastically while we walk Robert inside. They are both bleeding bad.

"Violence! That's all you guys think about." Nani says sitting Felix down. Felix's mom, Teresa, comes in with a first aid kit. She yells at Rob, which is obvious  because he just beat the shit out of her son. I think after this, we will definitely need to get out of Ascension.

"Rob!" Eve says coming inside the motel with Maggie.

"Are you okay?" She says kneeling in front of him. Then she looks back at Felix. "Oh my god."

"Yep. Oh my god." Melvin says shaking his head. Eve then comes back to Rob. Maggie quickly gets supplies from the first aid kit and helps Felix. Melvin looks hurt.

"Well, we know who she chose." I whisper to Sean and he laughs. I then pull a Simmons and give them a speech on unity and why we need to stick together.

"...We are a crew. A race crew, a CIA crew. But most importantly, we are a family." I say ending my short speech.

"Sorry Rosie, and you guys." Rob says apologetic. Felix also apologizes. After a while, I ask Felix, Teresa and Nina A very important question. I think we we leave tonight, but we can't leave without telling them who we are and what we are here to do.

"Do any of you know Ralph Shaw?" I ask. The three of them look at me with the same expression; fear. Yep, they know who that is.