Escape

"Ready...one, two...three." I whisper, catching my breath as I push Eve in an upward direction so that she can reach the window and climb out. I takes all of my effort because god, she is heavy. From the window, a hint on light reaches down on the dark basement. It's like god put this window here just for us.  It must be early morning, just before sunrise.

I keep pushing Eve until I sense she is close to climbing out. Once I see she is out the window, I'm next to climb up. I use my Military Academy training abilities to climb up the tall wall to reach the window

"Grab my hands, Rosie." Eve says extending her hands as I struggle to climb. I reach for one of her hands as I place my foot on a box on the floor. I quickly pull my self up, with her help. But then as I reach up, I accidentally kick the box and it falls over creating a sound.

"Shit." I say as I crawl out the window, light burning my eyes. I don't even have to tell Eve; she knows we have to flee out of here. I stand up, from the cold and dusty concrete next to the window, and prepare my legs to literally run for my life.

We have no clue where to go and I have no weapon to protect us, which worries me. My instinct tells me to run straight obviously and we do so. We skulk around first before running. After that , we reach a familiar site; is the opening to the underground place where Triza told us they keep the humans and drugs. We stay hiding behind the trees to observe the movement going on.

"Rosie, lets go back to the gates. Our cars could still be there." Eve says, a hint of fear in her voice. However, I am closer than ever to finding Chris and Alice and I will not let this opportunity pass by.

"We will creep up on the guards. Can you fight?" I whisper to Eve who is in back of me. I look back at her and for the first time, I get to actually see her. She doesn't look very stable, her eyes show darkness and her face looks pale.

"Uhh...Well." Eve says in disbelief.

"I take that as a no." I say. "And are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I am running out of energy, but come on. We have to act quick." She says and I nod. I tell her my plan to trick the guards and knock them out. And so it happens, I sneak up on them, with a rock in my hand, since they are barely paying attention. Eve, eventhough she claims she can't fight, does the same. I walk up to the guard dressed as a regular civilian from the back, and hold his back as I kick him in the weak point in back of his knees.

As I do this I rapidly hit him in the head with a rock and take the gun he carries. Eve is having trouble so I throw the gun at the other guard's face, and then Eve hits him with the rock.

"Take his gun. Hurry!" I whisper as I pick up the gun I threw at the guard and run down the inclined, 'hill type', pavement way, to reach this underground place. Eve runs in back of me. As I run I charge my gun, Eve does too just in case.

I hate to do this, but if someone crosses my way, I'll have to use this bad boy. Seeing people die in front of me is something I'm getting used to. I don't find it pleasing, but finding Alice and Chris, is a mission I must complete.

As we run down this road type, we initially reach this garage type space, like those where you park many cars. There are some cars, and trucks parked inside this garage.

"What now?" Eve says as we walk behind walls. I ask her to cover my back as I walk. "Cover your back?"

"Yeah, like when you see me proceed, you automatically point your gun and walk in that 'cop' style. You know what I mean?" I say pointing my gun and acting out how I want her to cover me. Eve nods and starts imitating my moves."There ya go." I say once I see she understands.