New Orleans

Erika POV

Rumor has it there is a hybrid claiming he is king of New Orleans. I couldn't help but smirk until my son Josef said /his/ name. Niklaus. Josef knew of his brother as did his other siblings. I have four boys in total, Josef, Alexander, Thomas, and Niklaus. Yet Niklaus was the oldest by far and he apparently was the only one to receive my wolf genes. Whether that was good or bad luck I would soon find out.

"Mother, you know he won't remember you, let alone believe he's yours. Rumor also says he's ruthless and a complete ass. He's staked his own siblings numerous times and hates his parents-"

"They...are not his parents." I snapped quickly, my eyes turning golden. "He's my son and a man whom lived long ago. Esther I assume never told him and apparently she made him into an immortal. A dream I never had for him. Giving him away was a decision I had hoped would save him from his curse." My heels clicked against the stone floor as I paced around. It would only take a day to get to New Orleans. I had to see my son whether he remembered me or not. "I will call you and your brothers once I have settled in and once I speak to Niklaus. As for our current...issue...I merely can tell you what you already know Josef and that is stay safe. The doctors will try and find you and your brothers in order to get me. They're out to kill any and all vampires." Taking a deep breath before I pulled him into a hug, pressing a kiss to his temple as he hugged me in return. Josef's pale blue orbs released a tear or two.

"Stay safe alright....I'll come visit once you've calmed that city down mum." I gave a slight laugh before letting him go and heading back to my room of the large mansion we called home. Beginning to pack all I could think about was the fact that I would see my son.

Niklaus POV

A sigh passed my lips as I tilted my head to examine the painting I was working on at the moment. Hope was on my hip and her head on my shoulder. A mere 3 years old and it surprised me she found such comfort in my arms. Caroline was flipping through a magazine and talking to Elena. I'd granted them safety here from Augustine for they were closing in on all supernaturals in Mystic Falls and they needed it to die down there. Damon and Stefan were with Bonnie escorting her around town to the various witch shops. Elijah and Hayley were out doing couple things that I had no interest in at the moment for Mikael was on my mind along with numerous other issues. My thoughts were interrupted when Marcel walked in and cleared his throat to get my attention.

"What is the issue of the day Marcel?" I mumbled before sitting down my paint brush and handing Hope to Caroline who smiled at the small child, covering her up in a blanket on her lap. Marcel gave a slight laugh flashing his white teeth before rubbing his face.

"You really won't believe this one Niklaus...Apparently there is a very strong supernatural in town. She isn't threatening your crown or anything like that, but the witches are saying she's older than you...by far." I narrowed my eyes at him before instantly thinking it must be my mother, however if she returned once more I would have no clue how. Yet my mother really wasn't that much older than me and if it was Esther she would have come to cause trouble.

"Find out who she is Marcel. We'll take care of it."

"Eh that is the smaller issue...The bigger issue happens to be your father he's being seen all around town." I gave a nod before sitting down and pouring myself a scotch. I needed a day off away from all of this nonsense. "It seems he's found Damon and Stefan and Bonnie"

"Ah...there it! Always a catch Marcel." Caroline and Elena stood up fast, Hope thankfully was still in the seat and asleep even with Caroline nearly tossing her aside. I raised my hand to silence them before they even began to whine. "We will...find him and get your friends back." I sighed and looked to Rebekah as she walked into the room with Elijah and Hayley. I merely pointed to Hayley. "Watch our daughter we have some business to attend to alright." She looked to Elijah like a master and he gave a nod. I chuckled slightly as she walked over to Hope before heading to my room for a moment. Glancing around for a jacket when my eyes caught it. The note my mother had given me, resting in a cover to protect it's ancient words. They were lies in the end. My parents both hated me overall though she did try to protect us with her final breath. I lowered my eyes for a moment, the shame of killing her was still making me feel something. I shook it off before putting on my jacket and heading downstairs. I proceeded to the streets with Elijah and the others at my heels.

"We find him and end him like we planned Niklaus. If mother is with him..."

"I don't care if mother is with him Rebekah. She was killed by me when we ended our aunt there isn't any way she is still alive." I mumbled and looked up to the moon. It was full and I was at my peak of strength to fight Mikael once more. At least I thought.