Where my Demons Hide

Erika POV

I went upstairs and got changed into my army green tight jeans and a black shirt before putting my hair up. Anger like this hadn't been inside me for centuries maybe even thousands of years. Everyone could tell by the cold look on my face that the real Erika was buried behind a mask and for a damn good reason.

I walked downstairs, by now the party was over and there sat my sons, Caroline, Erik, James, Rebekah, Elijah, Kol, and Bonnie. Of course my mother was tied by the help of Bonnie's magic to the chair in the center of the room. None of us knew if she was fully human.

"I really was expecting a warm welcome Amunet... Excuse me... I mean Erika." I sat down in front of her silent for a moment before clearing my throat.

"Why are you alive...? And well in grandmother's body."

"Well mine obviously wasn't preserved to well. You did just toss me in a tomb. I actually was coming here to warn you." I lifted a brow and sat back crossing my arms.

"Well go on and warn me then. If it's a lie the comes from your mouth I'll be more than happy to put you back in a tomb."

"The witches brought me back.." As much as I hated it I could tell she was being truthful. " They wanted me to warn you of Augustine...they're bringing vampires back making them kill other vampires."

"Stuff I already know Kepi. Where is father?" She shrugged slightly as I glared at her.

"Rotting in hell I suppose. After all you did burn him and place his head on a stick. Though the witches did bring many others back to combat Augustine."

"Karma is a bitch." I stood and paced around her, using the magic I posses to fling her chair backwards. "Now...give me one really good reason why I should not kill you again. After all you did nothing to try and save me." I stood over her, her human heart racing as I placed a blade to her neck.

"Because I can help with the curse...only if you agree not to kill me." I ran the blade gently against her neck only slightly cutting her before removing myself from even close to her. I began walking out of the room as I cleaned my knife with my shirt. " Find our guest a room and lock the door. Erik make sure she gets no ideas." I sensed James coming after me only grabbing my hand once we were in the kitchen.

" Hey...snap out of it love." I didn't even notice the blood running down my cheek from my golden eyes as he cleaned off my face.

"You need your amulet!" I lifted my head and glanced into the living room as Kol and Klaus began untying her. " You must wear it and go through the trials...the trials of what you are and who you are Amunet." I slowly walked into the living room and grabbed her chin in my hand roughly. " You still have it don't you?"

"I have not worn it since I was human because it made me weak...how do you even know I still have it?"

"Because we all hide what makes us weak." I let her go and walked back into the kitchen with James, taking a deep breath.

"What is she talking about?" I glanced around before shaking my head. I couldn't let many know what she was talking about and truth be told there was too many people in ears reach.

"I will tell you and the others, but I need the quarter cleared before I say such things out loud." He nodded slowly before stroking my cheek and going to do just as I asked. My mind was on overload as I blurred upstairs and dug through my trunk to the bottom grabbing a small leather box. If they were bringing others back then who else was walking around here that I knew. Who else would I have to face. Then again what would wearing this amulet cause that was so horrific more than being human.

I sat on the bed and opened the box, a black stone hug from leather beaded band. The last time I had worn this was the day I died and of course my mother has made it for me. She made me wear it because the magic in it weakened me as a human. One century long ago I had put it on and my heart began to beat again and since then it had been safely hidden by my side at all times.

"Rika?" I lifted my head a James came in and sat beside me. "Everyone's gone... I have the originals, your sons, Bonnie, and Damon wanted to join so I said fine unless you say otherwise."

" That is fine...shall we?" I stood and took his hand giving it a squeeze. I knew what my mother meant and if it was to fix my curse then it was a pain I had to endure. James pressed a kiss to my cheek before we headed down the stairs and I sat at the head of the table setting the necklace in front of me. "Alright what is said does not leave this room" I looked at every person one at a time except James and my sons, compulsion was one of my strongest abilities and each nodded after. "I have no choice but to use compulsion for this secret is too large... This amulet was created to weaken me as a human...so I couldn't fight back against my parents..." I took a deep breath and sat back. "Well when I turned it turns me human...after all every thing has to have balance. Apparently when I put this on now... My curse is suppose give me trials...one for each side of me...vampire wolf and witch. I don't know how long it will take or if my memories will stay, but it's the only choice." I lowered my eyes as I gave James' hand a squeeze. "Hopefully every one is ready." I stood with the amulet as my mother walked in and slipped it over my head. Just like that every thing went dark.