Two of a Kind

Niklaus POV

I sat beside Hope as she helped herself to pieces of watermelon and looked around. She was clueless as to how evil this world really could be sometimes. Deep down I wished I could be just as clueless. I glanced to the stairs as my mother walked walked down in one of James' shirts and her shorts before laughing slightly.

"Way to announce yourself mother." She glanced at me with a smile before shrugging.

"Don't act like you aren't doing anything yourself." She aimed her fork at me before filling a bowl with fruit as James walked down already dressed and showered. "Where do you think your going?"

"To the market cause if I eat anymore fruit nonsense my stomach is going to pop." Grabbing a mug and filling it with coffee, he glanced over at Erik. "Plus you're going with me."

" Well you've got Erika's blood running through you so you might not be such a liability."

"Ha.Ha. Ha." James shot a glare before pressing a kiss to my mother's cheek. "Let me know what those friends of yours find... if anything. I'll keep my eye out as well."

" The chances of my daughter being here...which I hope for her own safety is not...is slim." My mother shrugged before sipping from her own coffee. "Just be careful. Even if she is alive I haven't seen her for almost my entire vampire existence. She didn't want to be turned and most people who get turned against their will aren't pleasant." He nodded slowly to her stern glance before leaving with Erik.

" You think she'll like us or hate us?" I sat back and crossed my arms. " If Augustine has her and they've corrupted her then I fear she'll be a threat."

"Klaus that is your sister..." Caroline nudged him slightly before returning her eyes to Hope.

"He's right." My mother chimed in as she sat down. "That is my fear because she is nearly as old as I which means if she's a hybrid then she'll be extremely strong. If she's just a vampire then I have no worries except for all of you. Then again her actual experience is minimal." My mother's eyes locked onto the person who walked in next, her mother. She wandered over and sat beside Erika examining her features.

"You're looking healthy. You're welcome."

"Ah taking credit for it all? You gave me a solution yes but you didn't have to go through it. Though I will say thank you for merely confirming that you could have helped me not be blind back then...after all you did it now." My mother took a bite of fruit before smirking slightly. "But I have no hatred towards you at this moment. I'm merely happy I am in control of myself and my emotions and I don't have to feel others."

"I heard Amunta is alive?"

" You weren't alive to meet her...so how would you know her?"

"I met her on the otherside just like grandmother." She shrugged before pouring herself a glass of water from the pitcher on the table. " She's beautiful and a bloody firecracker like you. She didn't die of natural causes though. She died of poison." My mother's anger rose as she closed her eyes to contain herself.

"Who poisoned her then hmmm?" Erika's golden eyes revealed themselves.

"Some guard whom wanted to kill you got her instead. Of course only I knew that because she told me on the otherside." Kepi smirked back, the devilish grin that I could do so well. I cleared my throat getting her attention.

"I suggest you stop upsetting my mother."

"Agreed." Erika rose and wandered up the stairs. Mere moments later she walked down wearing one of her regular outfits before heading to the foyer. I blurred after her and stood in her way.