Gods on Earth

James POV

She was different the rest of the day and in fact didn't sleep the whole night. Her mind off somewhere that I had never explored and she probably hadn't in thousands of years. Erika was always studying the enemies we had, yet this one she hasn't seen since she was newly turned.

"I hate you... But I don't like seeing her like this..." I glanced over my shoulder at Damon as I stood on the roof. " She doesn't deserve this..."

"I'm aware, but we can't do anything... Funny enough we might just need a God to save the day..." Damon and I both made a huff noise before I lit a cigarette. " She might just go back to him."

"You two are married I doubt she'll leave you. She refused to marry me... To marry anyone actually. Except you." Damon shrugged and pulled out a flask before taking a swig then offering it to me. "If the moment comes that one of us can save her I'll do it."

" Why?"

"Because you're what she needs. I'm never gonna settle down for good.... I don't always understand her, but you look at her and it's like you just know."

" Yeah well her blood runs through my veins constantly. I can feel how she is feeling. I guess that means I'm cheating sort of... She can't hid a thing from me really, but she likes it that way... Someone to understand. I can't wait to leave New Orleans."

"We all can't wait. Soon as Augustine is taken care of its back to mystic falls."

"Mmm not for us... We'll be off to Europe. Iceland. Away from anything and everyone." Damon chuckled as I took a drag. Little did I know the story behind the woman Amunta.

---------------
Amunta POV

It ran through my mind whether to tell my mother or not what was really the story behind father's decision to leave. In fact every year as I was child he would visit me in the field. Mother rarely did much but what she had to since he left. She was the queen whom hid her emotions from the world. Pained by the loss of her husband. Yes they were married. She'll never admit it though. The pain he caused her when leaving made her destroy everything he had left in this world. His name never spoken in the house. If I uttered it she would smack my hand as if or a punishment. Though she never hurt me, she killed many. As if it would ease her pain. Yet she'd always be in tears by the end of the day.

"Dad!" I yelled running towards him in the field.

" Hello my princess!" He picked me up into his arms, squeezing tightly before setting me down. "Happy birthday beautiful..."

"Thank you daddy... Dad can I ask you a question?" He nodded as he sat in the grass, he seemed surprised that I for once wanted to speak first, but this year had been long. Mother was falling ill in a way. She wanted to give up her thrown. To flea far away. Why? Because everyone wondered where my father was and why he feld. "Why? Why did you leave mother? She cries for you in her sleep... She doesn't smile... She is heartless daddy."

"I can't lie to you my sweet girl..." He took a deep breath and looked to the sky, I wonder what he saw through his eyes. "Hades your uncle... He swore if I did not return to Olympus he would kill your mother... I don't want her life at risk darling... I love her dearly just as I love you... Know that I would do anything for her, but Destiny pulls us apart sometimes. Your mother was my soulmate."

"Soulmate?"

" Yes, since I'm the God of everything I can only have one mate in my entire being... That was your mother. I could only have one child... And that was you beautiful." He pulled me into his arms, sighing softly. "You must be there for her... I see her weep from the skies... I see her anger... I see every thing." I nodded as he began his usual task of telling me his year. It was always so exciting, little did I know my years were going to be cut short. My memories drifted back to the day I died. She didn't know. I took the tray of wine to her room, I sneaked I a sip, the poison so painful in my throat. Air wouldn't enter my lungs, I could feel my mother's tears hit my face.

"Amunta! Amunta!" Her arms wrapped around me as it all began to fade. Her arms soon faded and I could feel my father's.

" Sila?"

"Dad?" I was standing beside him watching mother hold my dead body in her arms, tears streaming down her face. Everyone told her I just died naturally. What was natural about poison? She laid me in the tomb that night as father and I watched over her. She broke things before collapsing on the floor.

"Petar... Bring our daughter back! If you can do one bloody thing! You coward!... You... I miss you..." I watched my father's face show emotion. He rarely showed even a hint, yet he blinked a year before it slid down his cheek.

"I'm sorry my queen... But I can't do anything but watch your pain." That night nothing sated my mother's anger. Her golden hues were the nightmare to many. She killed till the sun came up then fled the city. Leaving it in ruins without a queen to lead. Father never had seemed so sad, yet watching her crumble into a beast was hard for him.

As for the people whom had killed me? Don't worry, Petar had them taken care of long before I even died. Slow and painful deaths in the desert. The same place people had left my mother to die years ago. Except she came back a monster while they went to hell.