Part 2 Games We Play

Sila POV

I watched my mother walk away, she wasn't herself. Now I knew what she said was a mere lie in order for something to be protected. Elijah came over, his arm snaking around my waist.

"You alright?"

" Yeah... It's my mother I'm worried about. She may not be fond of our relationship... However I know my mother's anger would never be directed towards me. She'd only ever hit me once and that was when I stole as a child. Her anger was tamed always. Yet something is causing her to act out. What I don't know."

" She lacks emotion. That doesn't help."

" No... It's something more..." I sighed and took his hand, wandering to our room. He sat down, already in a suit as usual while I tried to find a dress for tonight. " She told me protect my father. From what I don't know. It's as if she... She can't tell me."

"Like she's being compelled?"

" Yes! Exactly. No one is strong enough to do such a thing to my mother except Rah and well... My father's dad Khal." I settled on a blue green dress, hanging it out while I curled my hair. " How do we know if she's compelled? Without asking?"

"The best way is to test the limits. When you get to a question she physically can't answer you would know."

"But if she ran into Khal why would he let her go. Why not hold her captive."

" Your assumptions are as good as mine my love." I nodded slowly and sighed.

"I hope she's okay. She's been through enough. Losing James was so much for her. She loved him." Elijah came up behind me, kissing my cheek.

" We are her family. We can get her though it all Sila."

"I hope so..." I stood and slipped into my dress, by now it was already getting dark. As usual Caroline had pulled off multiple miracles. I saw my mother, downing another glass of whiskey along side Hades. How was he involved. Her hand was fiddling with his black suit jacket. My father across the foyer, watching with jealousy. I wandered down the stairs with Elijah as my escort, parting ways once I reached my father.

"You look beautiful darling."

"Thank you... What has you in such a sour mood?"

" Your mother..." I sighed softly and took a glass of champagne as the waiter went by.

"She's not herself."

"I'm aware."

" It isn't her fault though dad." It was then that his eyes were off of her and now on me. "Some one has her in their grasp. Someone has compelled her... At least I think... She told me to protect you." He nodded before taking a deep breath and glanced around.

"She's gone... So is Hades." He was worried it was obvious, but I couldn't prepare him for what he was going to see. I followed him as we searched the house, he stopped at my mother's closed door before slowly opening it to the scene. Hades and her were kissing, her dress nearly off.

" Petar! It isn't what you think!" Hades moved away, fixing his tie. My mother looked away then blurred off.

"You... You knew how much she meant to me brother..." I watched my father's heart break that moment. Looking to his brother standing there drunk as a fool.

"Petar that witch... She played me like a fiddle!"

"Enough!" Thunder cracked through the sky, yet I moved between them, my father growling lowly. "Sila do not protect him!"

"This is what she wanted! Can't you see?!"

"Uncle did she say anything to you?" He blinked a few times, sitting on the bed.

" She... She gave me more to drink... She said alcohol numbs us..." He pinched the bridge of his nose. " She said... She no longer has to wear this mask because of me."

"Another mask reference. Dad? You've got to believe me. Mom wouldn't hurt you like that... Ever. Even if she was upset with you." He glared at Hades before looking to me.

"Brother you are lucky this child of mine has such a true heart like her mother did when she was human. For if she didn't state a case for you... I would make the heavens rain down on you until the underworld would be your only safe place." Hades nodded slowly. He could barely walk he was so drunk. I grabbed his wrist and moved him out of my mother's room. My father walked into the room and looked around before sitting in the chair, looking at her jewelry box, running his fingers over the perals that hung.

"My sweet Amunet... What has this world done to you... It tears you from me... You hurt my heart today." I leaned against the door frame watching as the necklace shattered, the white balls of sand rolled across the floor. My father's pain bled into the world. "Sila I don't know if I ever told you, but I had married your mother. She had a ring that Eros the God of love had created for her. The day she left... She threw it into the flames, you were but a child at the time." A half of a laugh escaped him as he dug into his pocket. A golden band, with symbols beyond my knowledge was between his fingers. " She cursed my name that night more than anything... I had wished to come back to her however long it took, yet now it seems my love for her cannot even bring her back." Father's ring was still on his finger. I had never seen him without even in his times away.

"Were you always faithful to mother? Even while she was here on earth with others?"

"I can't say I didn't indulge as a king Sila, but all the goddess up there know I belong to your mother. They always say, but she does not belong to you..." I sat down and looked around then back at the ring in his hand.

" She will again if she truly was your mate papa... We need to find her... Before Khal or Rah harms her."

"I fear they already have..."

A Hybrid's MotherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara