Traitor

Erika POV

I wandered into the basement cell room, glaring at Damon As he sat on the floor. Rebekah behind me like an attack dog.

"Why go and ruin someone else's life Damon? Cause yours isn't happy you have to go and fuck his up too. He could have died did you comprehend that hmm?"

"Look at you all high and mighty." He chuckled slightly. "I'm just being me... Funny how quickly you changed once he came back. How quickly you turned on me is how quickly I turned on you... I find it fair."

"I'm trying to protect you... Like I always have...so sit and think about that Damon." I turned on my heels, leaving the door open behind Rebekah and I.

" Why did you do that?" Rebekah huffed slight as I glanced at her.

"Darling think of it like this... You hit a lion with a bat cause it did wrong...the lion is going to get angry and bite....tell the lion what it's done wrong and show mercey and forgiveness. The lion is thankful. Bitter but thankful deep down. I'm more worried about my husband than Damon..." I mumbled before wandering upstairs to the bedroom, James hadn't moved an inch from the place he collapsed to sleep after his first night as a wolf. Slipping off my heels, I laid on the bed and tucked his unstyled hair behind his ear. The dark circles under his eyes had gotten worse it seemed with this new trial he was facing. I slipped away into his dreams, taking in the memories he had chosen for himself.

The smell of cigarettes, Marajuna, and alcohol filled the air as I tapped my fingers on the table. There he was singing on stage and smoking in between lines. I couldn't help but hum along closing my eyes as I sensed his voice get closer till finally it was right beside me. His heart fluttered like a humans as he serenaded me then continued back to stage. I was dying to taste him, his sweet poisoned blood. Once the set ended everyone stood and clapped, a smirk crossing my lips before I walked away to the bar.

" Hello beautiful. Where is your date?"

"I don't have one darling."

" Well in that case... I'm James."

"Call me Rika." He took my hand and pressed a kiss to the back. "Care to take a stroll?" I smirked as did he, grabbing the bottle of bourbon and offering his hand to me. Of course I accepted and we walked out into the dark streets, sharing the bottle and laughing together.

"I know what you are darling. You're a vampire, one of those night walkers. No lady would so willingly take a stroll at night." He smirked as we stopped and he pushed me against the wall. "Am I right?"

"Possible. What ever will you do? You're with a very dangerous woman." He laughed softly before pressing his lips to mine before revealing his neck. I drank slowly before releasing him, his eyes were golden. He realized he was dreaming and lowering his hues. "It's gonna be okay James. We could start a family now. Once Augustine is gone and this city is safe."

"Nothing is safe between us with Damon around." Just like that we woke up, he sighed and sat up, stretching.

"You need to feed. It will make it easier." I chimed in and watched the brown eyes I knew turn golden.

"Fine. Let's go then right?" A smirk crossed my lips before he led the way onto the roof, we both stopped in our tracks at the blonde woman sitting and sharpening a knife in her hand. I moved in front of him, her eyes looking to me as she sighed slightly.

"I heard from a couple little birdies someone was looking for me? Well... Hello. Mother." My heart was in my throat as I slowly approached her and she stood. "Truth be told I didn't want to see you again. In fact I didn't want anything to do with you yet here we are right now."

"Why? Why not come find me?"

"Because I am a different person now. I lack to feel. After all I never wanted to be this monster. The world created it. I really don't know who to hate for it... Godric brought me to life. I ran from Augustine. Are you going to help me or should I go?" I nodded slowly before looking to James.

"Go feed. I've got this to take care of right now." She jumped to the next rooftop and I followed after till we were alone and in silence. "Why come if you didn't want to see me?"

" To visit an old flame." She smirked slightly. "Elijah Mikaelson. Also to start some trouble. After all I learned from the best." I sighed softly before sitting down. I wanted to ask more questions, but already day light was fastly approaching. We sat in silence. I felt excited that my daughter was alive, yet this wasn't her. She was cold like the old me. Angry at the world like the old me. No one could understand her feelings, yet she accepted my invite back to the quarter. How would everyone else take?