The Ancient One

Damon POV

Days were passing and Augustine was surprisingly not around in mass numbers. Word that Godric, a vampire who no one knew about till recent, was in town was keeping everyone on their Ps and Qs. Except Erika. Her and Godric would "train" daily, where he would piss her off and they would tear up the entire foyer of the french quarter throwing each other around like crash test dummies. At nights she would actually reside in my room. Never started the night in my bed, though it seemed Augustine nightmares always had her crawling under the sheets beside me. Elena and I only talked to argue about how could I have feelings for someone like her, though I tended to ask her the same question so many times when she loved me.

I woke up to Erika kicking me in the leg as she stretched, letting out a lion like yawn before she got out of bed and rubbed her face. She looked exhausted as if Augustine had drained the light from her ever since. Josef and Niklaus knew it, how could they not. She wandered around, slipping into her Yoga pants and tank top before she left the room. Soon enough I forced myself to get out of bed, putting on my jeans and black T-shirt then blurring downstairs and pouring myself a mug of coffee.

"Good morning" I glanced to Erika as she played with Hope on her lap all the while feed her the toast she'd just made.

"Good morning Damon...how did you sleep?" I merely shrugged and sat down after pouring her a glass as well.

"Tolerable...you've got something on your mind..." She shrugged for a moment while examining Hope.

"It's for my mind and not yours darling." She gave a slight smirk before sitting Hope in her chair after she got up. Downing her coffee before glancing out the window to examine the foyer. Niklaus was speaking with Godric and his brothers. "He'll protect them and the lot of you very well." I narrowed my eyes at her figure before clearing my throat slightly.

"You're leaving? Just like that?"

"I said no such thing." She glanced at me before flashing a lined smile before walking over to me. "Damon I told you this decades ago and I will tell you this again. You and I...we can't be anything." She placed her hand on my check. "I'm trying to protect you...so that you can have a vampire life without complete craziness. I was watching over Mystic Falls all people do is die. If Augustine is gone you and your friends can return home...continue your lives there." She placed a kiss on my forehead before backing away.

"You're going alone? I won't let you. Klaus won't let you."A low growl escaped my lips as I stood, Hope could sense the feelings, how could she not.

"No one is leaving. I intend to kill every single Augustine person...set them all on fire and be on my way in days. So don't get too attached." Her words were cold, yet blunt as always. She would have kept going, yet her phone began to ring, making her grumble as she yanked it out of her pocket and placed it against her ear. "Hello? Thomas?" Her eyes widened as she began to pace, her temper was growing by the second. "Lay a hand on my son and I will swear to murder everyone in your blood line." I heard the sound of a gun shot through the phone and as I recalled Thomas was human and merely a witch. If she could, she would have turned as white as a ghost. Her body sunk to the floor as she clutched the phone and crushed it in her grip. A mother's grief was evident.

Erika POV

I heard the shot and my heart sunk. One of my boys was dead and Augustine swore to kill them all. How they'd gotten their names I had quite the idea. Mikael surely was the gentleman who had give their names like a sinner's confession. I could see Damon, yet his words didn't register in my head as I stood and walked into the foyer, only to be stopped by Godric. I felt the blood tears flow down my face as I growled and punched Godric, yet his hold on me didn't waiver.

"They killed my son! My boy..." My body was on fire, I wanted to shift. To run and hunt down the fuckers who had killed my flesh and blood. "My Thomas..."

"Remember you have me Erika....your father...brother...son" His viking accent was so strong uttering those words it pulled me out of my trance so I looked him in the eyes.

"My youngest son is dead Godric and I will murder Mikael and every Augustina son of bitch." My Italian accent had slipped, after all Augustine was originally an Italian group who also originated from the templars and that line ran back to before my time. "I should have killed them all back in the 15th century! Back when they were mere mortals with no play things!" I stood, my body tensing as I kept my eyes on Godric, wiping the blood from my cheeks. "They killed my son like the monsters they are Godric...You should have killed them! Back when I was human..." My jaw tensed, yet I managed to mask the pain with anger long enough to turn and walk out of the quarter with Damon, Niklaus, Josef, and Alexander on my heels. My body led me to the bar where I put up my heels and snapped my fingers at Cami. "You are a bartender aren't you? Get me a drink. Something to numb the soul."

"Mother...what are you leaving out?" Niklaus glanced at his drink before taking a gulp and sighing. Obviously he was feeling the same way the rest of us were. I merely gave a slight laugh before glancing at him in the others.

"I was born a Augstine women...back in Egypt when I was born they were.." I stopped to find the word yet shrugged. "The oldest name I have for them is templars, yet that isn't even the word. I was human and the pharaohs daughter. Amunet was my birth name. My mother taught me magic and how to be a good future wife and all that. Since I was the first born I was suppose to get the crown, yet my mother got pregnant and gave birth to a boy." I took a breath and examined my glass, tensing slightly. "My father would not have a daughter take the crown over a boy so...he had my death arranged so to speak. I was suppose to go to the market and get the grains. I always had two body guards and one the way back they said they needed to stop somewhere." I subconsciously placed my hand on Damon's thigh and he grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze. "They took me farther out into the dessert and raped me and left me to die out in the elements. After all it was always scalding hot and without water I had mere hours. Until Godric showed up and he asked me...do you want to live forever? To get revenge on those whom have hurt you? Back then forever was forty maybe fifty. So being young and dumb I said yes...When I turned and fed I went to my father and mother's home and slaughtered my father...my mother I put out of her misery quickly and my baby brother I did the same gift." With that I downed my drink and looked to Niklaus. "I have yet to find a happy vampire turning story...now are we ready to find your brother's killer?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would love comments! Also ideas where to take this story. Thanks!