Part 2 heart break

Erika POV

James started growing weak years after we left New Orleans. We had a son, his name was Derek. At 18 he turned, by his own choice. Then James died. The hybrid side couldn't withstand the transformation any more. Or so I thought. I buried him on a cold January day before going back to New Orleans with nothing to show for the past twenty years.

Sila was settled down with Elijah, I hadn't spoken to her since I left. Klaus and Caroline were king and queen. Hayley and Stefan helped raise hope, who was now nearly 25, still human surprisingly. Damon and Elena were on again off again as usual. Josef had Sarah his wife. Alexander was the bachelor. Kol and Davina. Surprisingly Rebecca and Derek were starting to mingle. Then there was me. A widow. I never expected to see you again. You hadn't visited like you promised. Surprise surprise.

Yet there you stood with my family, acting as if no time had passed. I was cold to everyone. My wedding band hung around my neck on a silver chain. Klaus followed after me as I went straight to the roof and took a deep breath.

"Mother?"

"That is me...."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

" It was inevitable. I'm not sure what to do anymore... It seems everyone I love dies." Klaus sat down as did I while looking over the city.

"Why is everyone in town?"

"Because of you... Because Rah and a man whom Petar calls his father is back." I scoffed and glanced at my son before looking away again.

" So in other words this is hell again. Seems I always come back in time for the party. I need a drink. I'll be back Niklaus." With that I slid off the roof and wandered to the bar, some brunette was working the bar, I compelled her to give me the bottle of scotch to which I began to drown my sorrows.

" No hello?"

"You don't get a hello when you didn't keep your promise." I glanced over at the towering figure beside me. Petar sat down and took a glass, pouring himself a drink.

"I couldn't... I couldn't watch the lady I love-" in a blur I smacked him across the face, my features were showing.

"Save it. I have no pity for you. Don't say you love me. You lack the understanding of the word!" I retracted my fangs before taking a sip then a gulp of scotch. " Love is for humans... Not us."

"Our daughter is in love... Your other children are in love... You were in love." I laughed bitterly before shaking my head.

"That was an illusion. Our daughter is mated... She's stuck. She has no choice but to feel for Elijah. She's a fool! Just like you. Just like everyone else whom believes love exists. It's all just a game till someone dies." I took another chug of scotch before looking away.

"Then what did you feel when we made Sila..."

"Fulfillment of being wanted. You made me feel wanted... Bravo."

"You turned off your emotions."

"Wow you get a gold star Pete!" I smirked before taking the bottle and walking out of the bar, with him behind me.

" Erika! Rah is free again, you can't just go wandering."

"I don't care." I said in a sing song voice as I continued to walk. I felt hands wrap around my torso and push me against the wall. His eyes were chocolate, like James' I had to look away.

"I care... I'll get people that care to hold you back... Let's go home." His grip was secure around my upper arm, a sigh escaping me as he ushered me back to the quarter.

"You're persistent..."

"I'm protective."

"Same thing." I tugged my arm away as we got closer and spun on my heels to look at him. " Why are you here?"

"Because my father is back... He's with Rah. He wants me dead so Hades and I fled Olympus." A laugh escaped me as I walked inside the foyer.

"Great I can smack him too."

"O smack me?!" I glanced over my shoulder, Hades was busy reading a book, yet could of course mulitask.

"O but of course. The two brothers whom ruined my life. Don't worry I'll let you finish reading that sentence so you don't lose your train of thought."

"Mmm she's a little spit fire today Petar..."

"She's lacking the one thing that made her... Well her..."

"Emotions, but of course. Vampires tend to hate them." Hades looked up from the book, my palm connecting with his cheek. He tried to grab my wrist but I was too quick.

" We don't hate them... They're merely useless."

"What if I told you... James didn't die the way you thought he died." I froze in my tracks, blurring in front of Hades. "Ah the curiosity is peaked."

"Our father... The best way to say his name is Khal... It means war in the best translation... He took James' life. In exchange he brought back Rah. A sort of... Sacrifice. Out of our control of course... He's more powerful than us."

"By far..." Petar mumbled, sitting down and watching my expressions. I didn't dare show much. I turned away and finished the bottle. My body was tingling from the amount of booze.

"Then all I ask is that I see him fall."

" He wants all of you dead... A sort of... Punishment for my brother and I. You're the greatest one of all. The mother of Gods and goddesses. Technically..." Hades shrugged once he was in my view. I took a deep breath before walking inside the quarter. I thankfully didn't run into a single person. As I made it to my room. I feel to my knees and closed my eyes. I wanted to scream. Feeling... Sensations... They tried to come back. I couldn't feel. I wouldn't be stable. I had to focus on anger. So that's what I did. I sat there till finally the monster took over. I would avenge my husband's death.