Nightmares

Erika POV

After catching up with Damon I went back to my room and crawled into bed. Sleep and I never got along. Not for centuries due to the fact that too many nightmares haunted me. It was a never ending battle. Tugging the blankets up I covered my head to block out the light from the balcony and closed my eyes to let the games begin in my head.

~ The metal was cold against my back as a groan passed my lips. Feeling the pliers dig their way through my chest cavity. Dr. Whitmore was focused, he always had this concentrated look on his face. The wrinkles were beginning to show and he was decaying before my eyes just like every other human. I knew he was disappointed due to the fact that I never screamed as he manipulated my organs. Time came for him to sew me up and toss me back to my cell as always. I glanced over at Damon before crawling my way to the bars between us. I always sought comfort in his eyes. Icy blue orbs that reflected mine.

"you were quiet." He whispered and placed a hand on mine as I closed my eyes.

"He seems to not enjoy the silence as much...at least I still have some power."  A slight smirk passed my lips before I glanced at him. We'd gotten so close I knew it was dangerous. Whitmore had tried to see if my kind and his kind could mate, yet of course vampires were dormant and it was only humiliating for us both. I knew Damon was overwhelmed with the feelings I could accidentally make him feel. Truth be told I was starting to feel them too. I rolled over and took a breath before sipping on my little glass of blood and looking up at the ceiling. I could feel the clock ticking. The blood moon was coming. It was my only chance of escaping this hell. I had to leave him behind. "When this is all over Damon we must go our separate ways." I glanced at him before looking back to the ceiling and taking a unneeded breath. I could hear his uneasy sigh as he leaned his temples against the bars and kept his watchful eyes on me as I sat up and placed my hand on his. His hand grabbed my throat and tugged my face to his smashing our lips together and in mere moments our tongues tangled for dominance. My fangs wanted to lengthen and my eyes wanted to shift but I always resisted. No one here could know what I was. I forced our lips apart before resting my head against his and squeezed my eyes shut. Being in a cage was turning me into a savage and I wanted to kill anyone and anything.

"Tell me you'll see me again Erika. If not days from now then soon." A chuckle passed my crimson lips before I looked in his eyes.

"Creatures like us are bound to run into one another some day." Those were my last words to him. That night Whitmore took me out to do testing, but the moon was on my side and I ran free from the hell that I left Enzo and Damon in with no intent to return.~

I opened my eyes and blurred over to the wall, ready to punch a hole into its ancient structure, but managed to stop myself the split second before I'd made contact. Pacing around for a moment to calm myself, I grabbed my jeans and white T-shirt slipping both onto my slim frame before pouncing off the balcony and onto the pavement below. I needed air and space from all of those whom brought back memories. Before I knew it I was sitting on the roof and looking up at the sky as I calmed myself down my breathing slowly. I could sense eyes on my, easily one of my boys and by the scent of course it was Niklaus. Slowly he wandered over to me and sat down, observing me in silence before I glanced at him then looked back to empty sky.

"You know it is not smart to sneak up on a hybrid. Our tempers are short like a fuse. Our minds are cluttered with thoughts that never stop." A slight chuckle passed my lips. "I'm sorry you're a hybrid. We aren't abominations in any sense of the word. We're tortured souls that just want to rest. We just want to be like anyone else in this world or at least like a vampire or wolf! Not both!" I shut my mouth and closed my eyes taking a breath as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I know mother I'm no boy." His hand moved away before he laid down beside me on the shingled rooftop and looked up as well. "I understand of course. More than anyone else in this world. The feeling of no one understanding you in any sense of the word." A little laugh passed his lips just as it had mine moments earlier. I looked at him as I sat up a little and gave a nod.

"Niklaus if you understood exactly how progressed my mind is compared to anyone in this world you would go crazy. I know how many enemies are in this world. What each of them would do to any of my boys. What they would do to me. Truth be told there are hundred of people out there just wanting a drop of hybrid blood. There are so many dark places in this world that I pray you never see. This place...New Orleans...I'm here for a reason Niklaus and it isn't just to see you. The ground which this city was built on is darkness in every sense of the word. Thousands of witches are buried under here screaming for freedom. Thousands of vampires....werewolves... are buried here as well. The battle between the three supernatural beings never ends even in death. Yet little do they all know that I am all three. A hybrid in every sense. I know what is coming. A darkness that if we do not unite will kill ever type of supernatural being. There will be no one left to continue this war." He looked at me so curiously before I pressed a kiss to his forehead. "I can't explain just yet...but I will in time." With that I stood and jumped off the roof before wandering alone in the streets. Sleep wasn't going to welcome me tonight.