Truth Be Told

Erika POV

The rest of the night I fought for sleep to no avail. Being the woman I was, I merely gave up and slipped my leather jacket over my grey T-Shirt and wandered downstairs. Everyone was fast asleep, obvious by the lack of sounds throughout the quarter. I freed myself from the quarter and shuffled into the pub down the street, looking to Camille as she prepared my usual drink, holding back her sour attitude surely due to the recent news. My crimson lips pressed to the glass and the smooth liquid flowed down my throat. My head was pounding, the curse nearly draining my energy even to lift the glass at a point. The sorrow of my children and the loss of a son was taking its toll, my veins felt dry like sand paper under my flesh.
Taking a deep breath I scanned the nearly empty bar before sitting back with a huff.

"Sounds like you had a rough day..." Cami sat down behind the bar on her stool before digging in the fridge in front of her and pouring a glass of crimson liquid that nearly sent my fangs to decend. "I know that look and I try to prevent my customers from being a meal." A laugh passed my brims as I took the glass, slowly sipping the invigorating liquid.

"I don't normally feel like I've been nailed to a brick wall." Cami gave a slight laugh.

" That is normal around here."

" It's only going to get worse...Augustine is only going to get bigger till we find a way to make them fall." I downed the glass before chasing it with the liquor. "I've got to find a way to protect even you...when in reality I can't even protect my boys. As much as I dislike some of the vampires here I would still protect anyone and anything from Augustine. They've won too long." I sat back and wiggled my nose slightly feeling a bit of blood begin to slide to my lip. Swiftly I grabbed a napkin and wipped it away. "They are the reason I once again have my wonderful curse." A weak laughed passed my lips though Cami's face scrunched in confusion. I had nothing to lose so what did I do? Open my big mouth and spill a secret I should have kept. "Any pain my children feel...my blood line...any vampire I've turned...I can feel every thing." A smirked crossed my lips as I motioned for her to refill my glass. "I can't sleep because I know how everyone in that house feels...I know Klaus is scared...I know Marcel is guilty...I know the feeling of all of Klaus' blood line...and he has turned many many people." I wipped my nose again before taking the drink from Cami's hand.

"Sorry to hear that...but that's a heavy burden." I shrugged before rubbing my temples.

" It's a mother's burden." I glanced to the door as Alexander and Damon walked in, my stomach dropped before I looked back to Cami. "I'm going to need the bottle love."

"Mother is it true?"

" Is what true Alex?" A sigh passed out of my lungs before I once again indulged in the glass of liquor.

"You and Damon were together the year I was born. You told me my father was dead.." I growled lowly, I could feel his anger, nearly ready to burst into action. "You told me he was gone and I didn't need to bother looking for him."

"Was any of that a lie?" I snapped back, yet already I had given it away. "Isn't he dead? He sure as hell was gone too." I stood after finishing my drink. " Damon is your father... But guess what I didn't hide it from you to hurt you. I hid it from you because Damon made that decision. He made the decision to be weak and follow a Petrova. I'm sorry I wouldn't let you be raised even near one of them...and your father made the decision to choose a Petrova." I laughed slightly before digging the money from my pocket and sitting it on the bar. "But you already know every thing there is to know right Alexander? Cause Damon told you what he thought...truth be told I would do it again, but this time I wouldn't make the mistake of once again getting attached to you Damon... You dare pin my son against me instead of actually being an adult and asking." I merely laughed and walked out of the bar, looking up to the nearly full moon before proceeding into the streets.

"Wait! Rika." I took a deep breath bubbling my anger inside as I turned to look at Damon.

"You win Damon. I wasn't even trying to hide it from you or him, but I know you. You never even wanted a child. You wanted to run around the world after a Petrova! Then finally she diappears and by damn another comes along and you are so...so infatuated with them my dear." A laugh escapes me as I shook my head. "Why would I bother telling you? What good would it do now? Merely cause a fight. My son won't forgive me for this...he's been looking for his father for decades...to know his own blood line...well he got it. Maybe I would have told you later...but I can't be sure... I was just starting to trust you Damon. To see if you truly meant what you said...about caring about me... I made the mistake of letting my guard down and you did something in the most malicious way. Guess what...you win. Like a child with fire you've burned me. Good bye Damon." I turned away and began walking, releasing a held breath. The curse weighing down my chest as my son's anger pushed onto me. My body guiding me to the woods, finding shelter under a large oak tree before it gave out and sleep consumed me. My body resting peacefully in the tall grass.

----------
Thoughts?