Soulmates

Petar POV

I sat beside her, she refused to look at me as we sat on the roof of the French quarter. She looked almost the same, yet her eyes were so different. They had seen thousands of years. Pain, happiness, she'd been through everything. Hades has brought you back. Only if you would stay on earth and never come to Olympus unless you became a goddess. Everyone was overjoyed that you had been brought back, except you.

"Look at me Amunet..." She looked down for a moment before looking to me. "I have a confession..."

"Then confess..."

"I loved you... I never hated you. Hades... He... He threatened you because he didn't want a queen from earth. He said he would kill you if I didn't leave. So I lied to you." She looked away, I could see a tear sliding down her cheek as she closed her eyes. "I wanted to stay with you forever and make you my queen."

"But you left... You left me with Amunta... She was killed and I begged you to bring her back to me... Did you not see me suffer!" She looked at me, her hues now golden and tears turning to blood. "Do you see what I have become! What this world has made me! I would have rather died by Hades' hand knowing you loved me than go through that time." I pulled her into my arms, it felt so right to hold her again. Her body warm like mine and formed against mine.

"My love you will always be my soulmate... It is your choice if you come reign with me or stay here... I know a man whom loved you more than there are stars in the sky. He's good for you... James."

"Let me go back... Just for this moment... Let me fade into the past so I can feel like I did again..."

"As you wish." I held her tighter and took her mind back to the beginning. Back when she was human, when I held everyday. When she was happy. We were in the field, the sun not even rising yet. She looked at me before resting her head against my chest, indulging in this moment.

"I loved you... With every thing of my being."

"As I loved you..." I kissed her forehead before she pushed me down into the grass and looked in my eyes.

"Do you still?"

"Of course. I have not loved another nor can I..."

"Then say it." She searched my eyes, I ran my hand along her arm, the paints she wore on Egyptian times smudged under my touch.

"I love you Amunet." Her lips connected to mine, my arms snaking her into my embrace as I pulled her closer to my body. We were lost in this moment till time returned to normal. Except her lips were still on mine. We parted, yet our foreheads rested against each other's.

"I have to stay... For now. To protect my family... My husband James..."

"I understand..."

"Promise me you'll help protect her... She's linked to Elijah... While I admire that she'll love him forever. She'll forever have a weakness."

"You are my weakness." She cracked a smile before shrugging.

"I have many weaknesses Petar. You were my greatest." She stood and looked out to the city, taking a deep breath. "Promise you'll at least visit. I can't indulge, but I can at least know you're well." I stood and nodded slowly. In truth I wish she had given up her life here on earth. My betray was to big to forgive it seemed.

"I shall..."

" I assume Sila isn't going to stay nearby? She'll run off with Elijah?"

" She hasn't told me her plans... Why does it peak your interest?"

"Because I love my daughter, but I don't think she has forgiven me for failing as a mother." She looked to me, I indulged and pulled her into my arms.

"You were fighting a battle that couldn't be won... Don't worry she was raised well... How you would have wanted mi amore." A huff of a laugh escaped her as she looked into my eyes before pulling away. No kiss good bye. Just a smile as she wandered to the edge of the roof.

"Good bye... Petar."

"Good bye Amunet..."

"Erika..." She smirked " Erika Clark."

"Good bye Miss Clark." With that she disappeared from my sight. I could still smell her on my clothes as I walked away. Closure brought to my soulmate.

Erika POV

I walked in the house and took a deep breath before hunting down James. Everyone else has scattered to their rooms to rest after such a battle.

"Mmm hello love."

"What has got you in such a good mood."

"You." I smiled before pressing my lips to his. We wandered upstairs before I looked in his eyes with a smirk. "You know with the world saved and all... I think a little hybrid might be a great addition to this crazy family."

"O really? So we're staying in New Orleans?"

"Not necessarily. We'll go where the wind takes us James... That's the greatest thing about behind like us. Time means nothing. We're almost as good as gods and goddesses. He smirked before tossing me onto the bed before he tugged off his leather jacket.

"I wouldn't want to be anything else then what we are Erika... We're strong and powerful. You're my queen." That word was hard to hear, but I knew he didn't mean it as it felt in my heart. I nodded with a smile before tugging him down with me.

"And you're my king..." I smirked and slicked his hair back before pressing his lips to mine. This was home. Olympus wasn't even a thought to be honest. I knew this was my family, the people whom I had worked towards for thousands of years. I'm Erika Clark, oldest hybrid, oldest vampire, oldest wolf. I may not be a goddess, but I'm just as powerful.