Two Halves of a Whole

Erika POV

I wandered into the French Quarter, dozens of vampires watching me from their hiding places. If they feared Niklaus they surely felt worse around me. I could kill every single one of them in a matter of seconds if I needed, whether with magic or my hybrid skills. Then I saw them all. I could sense they were of meaning to him, especially the toddler on the blonde's lap who reached out to Niklaus the moment he came into view. He gave a smile and looked to me for a moment as he took the small girl into his arms.

"Mother. I'd like you to meet your granddaughter, Hope." I felt almost tense as he handed me the small girl. She had those deadly blue Clark eyes. They ran in our family for thousands of years, luring prey in and she was already mastering it. I let her take my hand and smiled back at her as she examined the scar across my palm before giggling.

"She is beautiful...she'll be Clark heartbreaker...Mikaelson I mean." I laughed slightly and looked to Niklaus who smiled as well. He introduced everyone else to me. Caroline I could tell he was fond of the moment he looked at her. The other Mikaelsons didn't seem too excited that I existed and broke the last blood connection they had as a family, yet I would make sure they would continue to be a family. Then there was the Salvatores. Damon I had met before, yet neither of us said a word about it yet.

"How long will you be staying with us?" Caroline smiled as I sat down, Niklaus sat beside her and wrapped an arm around her. So very protective it almost made me smirk in admiration. I sighed slightly looking at Hope for a moment.

"A mere couple of days. I've told my other sons to visit and I have many other issues to attend to before rekindling my family bonds." Niklaus narrowed his eyes at me, looking for a further explanation. "There is a bit of an issue in the vampire world. Believe it or not most of the time I'm taking care of it so humans don't find out about us." I sat back, getting more comfortable with Hope in my arms. "I assume you've all heard of Augustine. They are based in France originally however they're growing in numbers here. Now they've called in some friends from France and I do have quiet the bounty on my head." I chuckled slightly with a smirk. "They've tested me once before. However there was a bit of an incident that ruined it all." I couldn't help but glance to Damon before looking to Niklaus.

"You're strong enough to kill them all though. Why let it happen...?"

"Mmmm sometimes I'm interested in what they actually do. I always like to keep up with the crazy people of the world. Augustine just happens to be a clan of them. Mikael also happens to be one of my many issues, however I could kill him in my sleep."

"Did I hear killing?" I chuckled hearing the familiar voice of Josef as he and Alexander jumped down into the foyer of the French Quarter. The Originals growled but I raised my hand to silence the snarls before handing Hope over to Caroline.

"You do know how to make an entrance Josef...I assume your brother Thomas is too busy chasing tail to join." I stood and walked over, pressing a kiss to his forehead then Alexander's. "Niklaus these are two of your brothers...the other one you'll rarely see. He's a bit obsessed with females lately." I rolled my eyes before looking to Niklaus who once again had a confused look on his features before he stood. Josef adjusted his jacket before walking over to Niklaus and offering his hand.

"I'm really not feeling any neck snapping so hopefully you and mother have worked everything out..." Alexander laughed as the two shook hands and he walked over doing the same.

"It's nice to finally meet you Niklaus. Mother has told us...what she could about you." Niklaus gave a nod before clearing his throat. I could tell they all felt awkward and once again Niklaus probably felt lessor considering he was new to the family.

"It's nice to meet you both finally as well." He looked to me and gave a weak smile before ushering everyone over to the living area. "I believe this calls for a feast Elijah. Family is all united and we can start anew."

Damon POV

My jaw would have dropped if it weren't for my skills of keeping composed. She wasn't an enemy, but she was something else. I could remember every detail of her skin. How could I not since Augustine had placed us together many times. I remember the first time I'd kissed a girl who set my lips on fire. The funny part of it all was that she didn't want a thing to do with me. She promised me this attraction to her would go away and that Augustine was brainwashing me to fall for her. Now here she was, the mother of Niklaus.

I took a deep breath before downing my scotch. Elena was watching me like a hawk and obviously knew something was wrong with me. It was a skill she possessed as a Petrova. Thankfully though dinner went fast and everyone went to their rooms for the night. Elena fell asleep fast enough for me to slip out of bed and wander downstairs to the foyer and get some air as I sipped on a fresh glass of liquor.

"You do know night drinking isn't healthy" A slight laugh passed my lips as that British accent distracted me from my thoughts and filled my ears. I could recall all those days I'd spent in a cell listening to her and Enzo. The three of us understood things no one else did. At least no one else alive. She was wearing leggings and a loose top that revealed just enough of her tan skin.

"A lot of things I do aren't healthy."

"I'm aware." She smirked and sat down, pouring herself a glass before propping her feet on the table and sighing. "I would ask how you've been, but considering all I've heard lately about my son in Mystic Falls and many other supernaturals...I assuming rough times lately." I shrugged and sat down, examining the features of my glass.

"You don't know the half of it...I was dead for awhile." She lift a brow before laughing slightly then taking a sip. She was never phased by anything from what I remember. She in fact had gotten out of augustine's testing months before me. "Why...why did you leave Enzo and I behind." My face lacked the emotions I wanted to show. My features tensing with a mix of anger and betrayal. She looked me right in the eyes as her crimson lips moved.

"The same reason you left Enzo...it was your only chance...When I'd gotten myself involved I thought Mr. Whitmore would be so meticulous about every detail. I was waiting for the blood moon for my escape after all it is when a hybrid's strength knows no bounds." She tipped her glass towards me before taking a sip. She was a creature who could hid her emotions like no other. Even when they tore her apart limb from limb she didn't scream. She merely had a look as if her mind was gone. She'd lay on the floor like a limb body. I shook my head to clear the memories as she tapped her glass with her finger nail. "You need to stop thinking about all of that Damon...Augustine is not an issue in your life."

"But they are in yours?" I snapped my head up to look at her. Her tongue slid along her bottom lip before she took a breath and looked away.

"They're growing in numbers...They're my issue if they find any vampire or supernatural creature to play with."