Ch:10- Reunion

(Abrar's POV)

I was now leaning against my car outside Maruf's party office, to meet him after almost 11 years. I have not talked with him since the last day of school and never in life did I even intended to. But now the situation was different. I wanted to see his defeated face, that once he has seen on mine. It was now my turn to even the battle.

I stood up as I saw Maruf approaching me.

"Hey, man long time no see." That sarcastic face of his I knew would vanish somewhere in a moment and I twitched the corner of my mouth into a smile.

"Yes because you never gave me before any reason to," I said.

"Ohhh now I get it why you are here. She told you everything about me. Didn't she then tell you how much she loves me and how much I love her after all, trust is the foundation of every relationship."

"Love? Ha? I wonder if you even remember her name, as you have a pretty long list of girlfriends. It must be difficult remembering so many names."

"The fire of revenge is still burning inside you. Isn't it Abrar Ahmed?"

"Not anymore though because I think we are even now. But then if you want to start it again I don't mind, you know? You are wholeheartedly welcome."

"Don't overestimate things man she loves me. You are never going to be happy even if you win her in theory because I will be the one who will always remain in her beautiful heart."

"You should be very well aware that love fades Maruf Hussein. After all, we experienced it together. That's how you won the last and first time over me."

"She was not worth it for anyone of us Abrar. She was a real bitch..."

"Shut up or else I would forget that I am in a public place now."

"Oh, man don't tell me you still love her. That fu......" That was enough I could never hear anything bad about her. She was my first girlfriend and she was the only one that I have ever truly loved. I landed a heavy punch on Maruf's face. His nose instantly bled but he got up again and landed another punch on my face. This repeated until we started kicking each other and smashing each other's heads on the nearby vehicles. At a point, we were abruptly stopped by my men and his party workers.

I got into my car immediately before any media could reach us. I got my bodyguards to work on the situation so that the matter doesn't link out.

I didn't regret fighting with him. He deserved it, for what he did before and for what he said today. He took Alisha away from me, that too for his bloody infatuation. She wanted to be a one-woman man and decided to not be with me. As she wanted Maruf to be her boyfriend and husband, with who she had her first kiss, while she was supposed to be my girlfriend.

I still held myself responsible for what happened and not Alisha. I was always very busy with studies, debate, sports, magazines, etc. I wanted to top in everything and make my parents and family proud, especially my dad. I never really could give her the time she deserved, which Maruf took advantage of. We used to always like the same things, which was the main reason why we were best friends. Unfortunately, we also ended up liking the same girl before and even now. But this time I got the girl which made us even.

After this bullshit happened I stopped believing in love and never got into any sort of serious relationship. I found love stupid and completely baseless. What was the use of any sort of commitment when you could get what you want without it? After all, it was all about sex, once you are satisfied all love fly through the window. That's what I did all these years and was quite content and happy with until I saw Sadia. She became my new obsession and I knew she was not that type of a girl, that I could just have to satisfy myself. She was another believer of fairytale romance like Alisha. Flowers, candles, chocolates were never my thing and I never even tried to develop myself in that field. I was not going to change myself for anyone, especially for a girl.