Ch:25-Anger, Jealousy and Hatred.

(Abrar's POV)

"Before the meeting, the presentation should be completely ready." I explained everything for the last time to my secretary Jenny, as we both came out of the lift.

As I saw my car parked on the lawn, I went around the car to the driver's seat and signed my driver to come out. I opened my jacket, as he came out and handed me the keys.

When I was about to enter I saw Jenny's gaze fixed on me.

"Don't you have to leave. You have to get the presentation ready by 10."

"Yes sir."

I got into the car immediately after that. Tomorrow was an important day for me. If everything goes well, I could start a new project with one of the biggest company of Bangladesh, which would just take my company to a next level. And anyway I was bored with my international venture, it was going well, and I needed something new and exciting in my life. Where I could put more effort and cut myself off from my personal life, especially after yesterday night's conversation with Sadia. I could feel my leg pressed harder on the accelerator. Her silence killed all my emotions towards her. She still liked Maruf, she still wanted that damn guy. I could feel my heart stuffed with rage, hatred and jealously. It hurt myself to think that after yesterday night, I had no feelings for her, I loathed her.

In the morning, I was surprised when she called me. For the first time I heard her voice on the phone. It was nice, soothing, something that I wanted to hear more. For a moment I was blank. But soon all my anger came crushing down in my mind. I didn't know what she wanted to say, I didn't even want to know, but then when she cut the call off without saying anything, it really pissed me off. I called her back, I don't know why? And she cut my call again. And then that message, her actions no longer seemed cute to me. I don't think so I have ever hated any women than I hate her.

It hurts even more because I was the one who created the situations for her to marry me. She never wanted to. For the second time I thought I have failed. Again Maruf won over me and sadly I cannot even do anything about it. Though I have made her mine, she never became mine. One thing was confirmed, if she still wanted that guy, she gets him. I am not going to hold on to her. She was never mine and she never will be. I have never given up on something in life, but this time, it was different I wanted myself to let her go. I felt like I caged her, and it made me feel like nothing but a monster.

Her existence, presence, thinking suffocated me. Abrar Ahmed failed. I pressed the break hard as I brought the car to halt. I raked my fingers through my hair, taking deep breaths to control the burst of emotions that filled me within.

My breathing rose to control, the unquantifiable anger. As I leaned my head against the seat my mind was shouting at me that I lost. I lost.

The faint sound of my phone ringing then filled the car. My hand automatically went towards the phone. I gulped down and answered the call after a few rings without looking at the caller ID.

"Abrar? Where are you? Your father in law is waiting for you." My father's laughing voice came from the other side. When he said that, I realised I was supposed to meet MP Anwar, he won the elections.

"I am on my way dad." I replied and ended the call. With a swift turn, I headed towards, MP Anwar's house. Who was my so called father in law, though his daughter wasn't mine.

~~~~~~

As I reached his house, I found dad and all other high profile politicians there. I knew each of them. I went to MP Anwar straight and congratulated him for his victory. There I had to have dinner with everyone, though I had no interest to. I knew these people were important and there was no way I was going to show discrepancy towards them.