Ch:27-Pain And Bitterness

(Abrar's POV)

The meeting went well with Jamuna group. Though we didn't signed the deal yet, as I wanted some more time. I insisted on signing the papers tomorrow, making an excuse that, dad would like to be present when we fix the deal. It was a plan that I and dad made last night in the sitting room. That's how everything went, like we planned. Now I had more time to research on the benefits that they laid ahead of this deal.

Tonight was going to be another busy night. After I came home and started working, I realised I needed Jenny's help. I called her to come to my home then. She came in the house after a short time. I assigned her the things that she needed to work on.

She came up to be of great help. She found out many interesting things that could be of great benefits. When she showed me the things on the laptop, she pushed her towards me, so that half of her body was covering me. I knew very well what she was doing. She moved her hair back with her fingers, exposing her ear and neck. She was trying to get me interested in her, and I laughed internally at the thought. Stupid girl. She thought I was going to fall for her, how delusional. I was about to move her away with my hand from my sight, but as I forwarded my hand, my heart beat increased suddenly, as the soft steps of someone, approaching towards the door came to my ears. I knew that it was Sadia. I looked at Jenny, who looked at the laptop screen and thought this was the right chance, to get Sadia out of my way. I could at least stop her from coming near me, if I pulled out the stunt, I was thinking to.

Right at that moment when she kept her hands hands on the door, I pulled Jenny on my lap. She opened the door and I stared right into her eyes giving her a plain look. As if nothing happened.

The smile of her face immediately vanished and her eyes went wide with shock. She seemed like she couldn't believe what she saw in front of her and her eyes told it all. Her eyes then shifted to Jenny and she gulped understanding what I wanted to show her. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it as she seemed to be at loss of words. Pain reflected in her eyes, as her eyes shifted back to mine. She slowly took her steps backward and then she she was out of my sight.

I immediately moved Jenny from my lap and stood up leaving the room. I was curious to see Sadia's reaction, the pain that reflected in her eyes tensed me. Shouldn't she be happy that she got a excuse to get back to Maruf. The love of her life. I opened the ways for her that leaded her to him, though my entire inner self was bitter at the thought of her being with someone. Her wanting someone.

As I reached the door of my room, there was silence and then I heard her slowly breaking into a cry, which just shattered my heart into pieces. I immediately moved away from the door and walked away, as it was impossible for me to hear her cry. My chest tightened at the thought that she was hurt because of me.

I raked my fingers through my hair, thinking what have I just done? Did it mean that seeing me with someone else mattered to her? Why? So many questions raised in my head. Didn't she want to go back to Maruf? Then why was she crying? Or was it all a part of her double game plan? Maybe she knew that I was going to come behind her, for which she put on this act? Whatever it was I needed to find it out, because it was driving me insane.

I went back to the study, I told Jenny to leave. She wanted say something but I stopped her and commanded her to leave. After looking at me for while, she left. I also had to get rid of her now, I just gave fuel to the burning fire.

I walked around the room for a couple of times and it made me more angry on my self. I sat for a while and then again walked. I felt weird rush of impatience ran through my body. I was not finding peace anyhow, I wanted to see Sadia. An hour and then two passed, that Sadia went from the study. I decided to go and check on her. I couldn't hold myself anymore to not see her.