Ch:33-Seperation

(Sadia's POV)

It's been more than 1 week since Abrar got injured. He has been going to the office from the third day onwards and came home late evening. Then after showering and taking dinner, he was back in his study. Hardly, I used to see him. I started going to my office regularly too. The work load in office was doubled as our work on new project started with full force. I came home on time and made evening snacks and had my family time with Abrar's grand parents, mom and very seldom his dad. His dad was one busy person too but Abrar I thought was over the extent. He worked most of the time sometimes I didn't even find him on the bed when I woke up. It was almost like I lost all connections with him.

Sometimes I felt he was avoiding me but I didn't want these suggestions play too hard in my mind. It was just the time, that's what I convinced myself with, when the thought of him not wanting me anymore clouded my brain. There were strong reasons too, in the beginning he used to look for every chance to touch me, get me as close to him as possible and even kiss me. A blush creeped through my cheeks at the thought of it. Our first kiss on my haldi, it still got me goosebumps remembering those moments. But now everything seemed to change. It seemed like my presence didn't even matter to him and thinking this it broke my heart. I missed the old Abrar.

Sometimes I thought he was being like that because of my promises. I took the promise from him to not even touch me but I didn't want that promise anymore. I wanted him to talk to me, touch me, even if it was harsh. At least show some kind of emotion. The time we mostly saw our faces was in the breakfast and dinner table. Rarely I found him sleeping on the bed, beside me.

Right now I thought I had the perfect life any could could ever imagine of but still it felt not complete. It actually felt hollow.

The car came to a halt, and I was at home back from my office. I knew what I was exactly going to do after that, go shower and help mom make snacks. My completely normal and regular life. I got out of the car and when I entered home, the scenario was an unexpected one though today. Everyone seemed in a rush, which I didn't know was for what? I went to mom's room and found her packing a luggage.

"Assalamualikum mom."

"Walaikumassalam. You are back?" I saw her packing only dad's shirt mostly formal ones.

"Is dad going anywhere mom?"

"Yes they are going to London. Your dad will be back in a couple of days though, as soon as he can."

"They? Is Abrar going to?"

"Yes. He didn't tell you?"

"No I didn't get to talk to him." She stopped getting things in the luggage and faced me. I couldn't express in words how bad I felt at that time. I felt I was going to split in two with pain. I didn't know anything about my husband. He doesn't tell me anything and I don't ask him. There was nothing like husband and wife relationship between us. I talked with the servants of the house more than I talked with Abrar.

"He doesn't give you time right? Does he?" She came and caressed my hair. I didn't know what to say. All I could do was put a forced smile on my face. I didn't want her to see what was going inside me.

"I will go and take a shower. They will do the dinner right?"

"They are supposed to the flight is at one."

"Hmm.." I said giving her another fake smile and left the room. I went straight to my room and then into the shower. I realised at a point that the best part of crying under a shower was that you didn't have to wipe your tears and I smiled at my stupid discovery, feeling completely crazy. I don't know for how long I stood under the shower. All the crying did no good though I thought it made me more weaker.