Ch:20-Embarrasment

(Sadia's POV)

In the morning, after I woke up, I took a nice shower and dressed up in a white coat and a white shirt with black pants.

I was woken up by Dad calling me early in the morning saying that I had to give a speech today as the new Vice President of Women Empowerment League (WEL). There were butterflies in my stomach from the moment I heard that. Even now I felt my hands and legs lost all their energy and I would collapse any moment, my palms were also getting all sweaty.

It was not like I didn't give speeches before, in fact I gave a lot but this one was going to be my first official one, with thousands of people watching me. It was scary.

After I was done with a little makeup and combing my hair, I went to see Abrar, who was sound asleep. The room was pitch black dark, I had to use the torch of my mobile to move around. How weird! I looked at him for the last time and left the room silently.

In the dinning table, we all were having our breakfast. There I got to know that Abrar's sister and her husband would be leaving today. They wanted to leave for their home this morning but I stopped them, saying they should leave after I come back home, this evening. They finally agreed after refusing a lot of times.

"Abrar slept late at night right?" Mom-in-law asked.

"Yes mom." As she asked me that last night conversation of Abrar came to head back. For a second all my nervousness was replaced with bitter anger. I couldn't eat after that anymore.

I took a leave from everyone greeting them Assalamualikum. I told them about my speech thing and they were all excited about it. They said that they would be watching me on the television. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the house, taking Allah's name and fixing my shoulders that were slouched.

I saw Abrar's Mercedes waiting outside, as I stepped on the lawn. I totally forgot that I have to use my husband's transport now as I don't have mine. Inshallah one day I will have mine with a red siren attached to it, like dad.

Before getting inside I decided to confirm that the car was actually waiting outside for me.

"Driver bhai is the car here for me?" I asked.

"Yes mam. Sir informed me in the morning to take you where you want to."

"O okay." So he wasn't sleeping. He was awake and listened my conversation with dad. Such a good actor, I so thought he was sleeping. I got into the car without wasting anymore time.

The ride to the conference hall where I was going to give my speech wasn't that long. I found the place very crowded, as I reached there. There were so many vans of different channels and so many party people gathered here and there.

I was surrounded with dad's bodyguards while entering the office. So many journalist creeped over as my car came to a halt near the entry. I wasn't slowly feeling scared anymore. I started loving all these, this is what I wanted all my life and dreamt of. Now it was actually coming true and I couldn't be anymore happy.

Inside on the stage I saw dad already sitting there and talking with other people. When I went to the stage dad introduced me with the president of WEL, who was a women and I felt so proud. Women in today's world were achieving so much and that's what I was going to give my speech on today. I sat beside her and dad, while the host started the program.

"Sadia you are not on time, this should be last time that this is happening. We had to wait for you for so long."

"Sorry dad. It won't happen again."

"Did you prepare your speech?"

"No you just told me in the morning so I couldn't prepare it."

"Good because I want it to be natural. People are not interested to listen made up speeches here. They want an honest and original thinking which you have to deliver in your speech. I know my daughter is talented enough to do that, is she?"