Chapter:38-Alive

(Sadia's POV)

Where are you Abrar? Was the first thought that I had as I opened my eyes, after tossing around on the bed the whole night. My eyes felt sore for crying so long. It burned like fire. I got off the bed and went in front of the mirror, where my reflection appeared. My entire face looked red and I had dark circles under my eyes. I looked hideous. My face resembled my inner state completely. I was broken, I didn't have any energy to fight anymore. I just wanted to give up. My soul was incompatible of bearing any further attacks. It wanted to be free. Free of all the distress and inner fighting. I wanted to quit; Quit all the games that were being played. But was there any way that I could do that? Zarin's life was important than all the pain I was going through. I had to remain strong. I couldn't break down. I needed to find a way out of this matter. I needed a way to save Zarin from the hands of those demons. But how?

I closed my eyes in disappointment and at the thought of all the doors being closed in front of me. What was there for me to do except for doing what Maruf wanted and destroy myself and my marriage for forever. Was that even a solution? If I give into what Maruf wants then it will be my defeat and if I don't it will still be my defeat. It felt like I was driving in darkness, with the headlights broken and I could see nothing in front of me. All it took me was deeper inside the darkness from where there was no way out.

I got my hair in a bun and took a deep breath. It was time to gather up courage and not just lose all hopes. I will fight till the end to save my marriage and Zarin's life. I was not going to give into Maruf's demands. I was married to Abrar and the knot of our relationship was not that weak, to get untied with a storm. It was for a lifetime and no one could separate us, not even Maruf. With my mind made up, I initiated with my daily routine and started for the day.

After showering and getting ready, with a lot of make up on, I went downstairs. I was sure Maruf won't like it at all if he saw me in that disheveled form. Considering the fact that he was lunatic, it was better that I acted like the way he wanted before I find a solution to get out of this mess.

It was nine and I found dad at the dinning table. It had been a lot of days since I had breakfast with mom and dad. Seeing mom and dad together at the dinning table triggered a lot of old memories. I realised how foolish I was before not that I am still not, but I was not that carefree anymore like I used to be before. There was nothing for me to be worried about in the past, even if there was they were for stupid invalid reasons. So many things changed now that I was married.

I looked at mom and dad and was surprised that both of them said nothing. Didn't they have any questions, as to why I was here? Everyone was silently having breakfast and I decided to play along as well. It's better that they don't ask me anything, then I don't have to lie either.

"Will you come with me?" Dad finally spoke before leaving the table.

I looked at dad and replied quickly. "Yes." Did I do the right thing? What if dad ask me something in the car that I can not answer him. Anyways it was too late and I agreed, so I followed dad instead of debating on my decision any further.

It was always amazing to travel with dad. So many vehicles followed dad's car. Every time I travelled with dad, my passion for becoming a successful politician like him mounted. It was my aim in life and it gave me hope and strength to fight against all odds. I knew I would fight out of this situation as well.

~~~~~

Once we reached our working place dad and I parted for our respective offices. Thankfully, dad didn't ask me anything in the car as well. However, this was the part where I was even more scared. I didn't want to face Maruf again. Every second with him was like poison spreading around my body which would kill me slowly. My pace slowed down, at the thought of seeing him inside my office. I looked at the phone he gave me. There were no missed calls or messages from him, which was surprising, yet reliving. I prayed for not dealing with him today.