Ch:13-The Wedding Party

"Sadia hurry up your groom has already entered the wedding hall." Mom said in her loud-hurry voice, exiting the room.

I felt I was lost all this time before mom woke me up to reality. I looked at front in the mirror, which reflected me in my red wedding attire. I looked like a bride that every girl dreams to look like one day. Jewellery, makeup and the red wedding dress made me look different and beautiful. The dark eyeliner made my eyes look big and outlined my eyes. I looked around and found my cousins staring at me.

"You look so beautiful." Azahr said and they all nodded.

"Will you guys hug me?" I asked them because I was so scared, as if my life is going to end today. I needed someone to make me feel that I am not going to be alone and they will be with me always.

They all came and we did an eternal group hug. I needed it very much especially right at this moment.

"We have to go down Sadia." Shopno said.

"I know." I let go of them and swiped the tear that fell from eyes. I took a deep breath and got up from my seat. I saw a group of girls holding the four corners of a net cloth which had mirchi lights attached all over it. Mou and Shopno held one of my hands and we got under the large net. As I was walking I felt how heavy all the jewellery and clothing were. I held my dress slightly so that it doesn't come under my feet. We entered a large two storey hall. I was sat on a sofa, which was decorated with flowers and light for the bride. I saw Abrar's mom, sister, my mom, her sisters and so many ladies who were our relatives.

It was wired for a while that everyone was looking at me and I knew they were also talking about me but slowly it didn't seem to matter. I was the bride and I was here for people to look at me.

Abrar's mom came and told me that I looked very beautiful. Abrar's sister and her friends were also surrounding me and talking selfies and photos. Now that was the worse part you have to forcibly smile for the pictures, when you don't want to and when people are complimenting you.

A large photo session then started with my every relative. Hours were passing by taking pictures. The video men were also coming and shooting once in a while. I was getting irritated, annoyed and tired. I even gave mom looks to stop this as it was becoming out of my reach to handle these anymore. Thankfully, lunch time started and people became more concerned with that, leaving me. My cousins then got to sit around me and I felt I was able to breath now.

Mom came in shortly with a plate of food, my wedding food and sat beside me. She fed me while we all were silent, as if there was nothing to talk about. I knew everyone was sad and it just made me feel much more worse. Slowly it became hard to gulp any food and I told mom to stop. She handed me the glass of water and left. Mom was trying so hard not to cry. She stayed most of the time away from me, so that she doesn't gets emotional and make me too.

I was done a final make up touch up after I freshened up a bit. It was almost evening now and it was time to go down the hall to my groom. In an hour or so I will be leaving all my close ones and go to someone's house who I know so less about. I will be leaving with a family that I don't know anything about except for their names. With every passing second fear was filling even more in my chest. My worst nightmares were going to come true in some time that I have feared all my life being my dad's daughter.

The girls with the lighted net were again in front of me and this time to take me to Abrar. I looked for my cousins who entered saying that everyone was waiting for me and we have to be quick. Mou and Shopno took their places beside me and we started walking. As we reached the stairs Intezar and Azahr replaced the front girls holding the net, with them. They smiled at me and it did lightened my heart a bit. As we started walking down the stairs I knew everyone's eyes were on me. My heavy flawy dress was getting hard for me manage on the stairs. I looked down all the time so that by mistake I don't make the mistake to trip down on my dress.