Darkness- Lucifer

You couldn't remember anything. You couldn't feel anything. It was all darkness.

Your eyes flickered open to reveal nothing but black, it surrounded you like a tight embrace. Your heart beat quicker as you felt a burning sensation in your lungs. You were suffocating slowly, it was like you were carrying the weight of the world on your chest.

Your senses started returning and you found yourself haunted by screams... Voices of people you didn't even know shouting out in agony, never stopping. Some of these shouts were far away, but they felt like they were right in your ear.

"Help!" You screamed, but your voice only came out as a hoarse whisper.You shifted to lift up a hand, only to find that you were trapped in a wooden box.

No, it was a coffin.

Questions swirled in your mind. You didn't know who you were, why you were here, and what happened.

You tried thinking, racking through your thoughts only to get flashes of horrific pictures. These pictures were tinted red, like blood. But there were these bright yellow eyes that loomed in front of you, like a wolf stalking it's prey.

"Y/n." It whispered, voice ringing, your heart pounded faster. You let out a shout, now terrified of the dark. Your fists pounded at the coffin, only to let in dirt.

You struggled, swimming through soil, desperately pushing through root... Anything to get to the surface.

A low chuckle sounded from the depths, icy claws gripped at your ankles, but you were determined to keep moving. Your head ached terribly, you were starting to remember more.

There were chains, tearing into every part of your body, strained so tight that they would break and rip through the layers of skin. Bright flashes of lightening only allowed you to see the man with the yellow eyes step closer.

He loomed in front of you, the haunting eyes gone. If you saw him on the streets, you wouldn't think twice about him. But, he had a sinister smile, a smile that told you everything he was going to do with you.

Your hand shot upwards, but you didn't feel any more earth. It was air. You grabbed the surface like it was the edge of the cliff, the only thing that kept you from falling back into the abyss.

"Y/n." The ghostly voice whispered one last time. "Why don't you come back down and play with me a little more?"

You opened your mouth to scream, forgetting that you couldn't breathe underground.

You forgot what it was like to breathe fresh air... You remembered an environment that stank like sulfur, air so toxic it killed you slowly. But, that was probably the point. You had died, no wonder why you were buried. And if you were dead, nothing could kill you except the demons.

Something changed though, you could tell with every wave of dizziness that passed through your body now. You were alive again.

With one last effort, you broke through the surface and gasped. The mist around your mind parted only slightly, enough for you to remember a name.

Lucifer.

You tested the name out, your voice suddenly coming back to you. It rolled off your tongue in a cruel manor. You opened your eyes and marveled on how much light there was.

You had forgotten what it was like to actually see.

You hauled yourself onto your feet and took two shaky steps forwards. Your confidence rose as you broke off into a run.

The wind on your face seemed like a miracle! You didn't stop, not even when your muscles ached, you have suffered worse pain.

"My name is Y/n Winchester!" You sang out to the sky. All of your memories flooding in, hiding the bad, blocking the screams. You let out loud laughter, glee was the only thing you felt.

You only stopped when you reached a road, that was when you remembered that your brothers would want to see you again. You looked at a road sign it read Lebanon, Kansas.

"Thank goodness." You started running again, hoping to be home before dark. Sam and Dean would be delighted to see you! Dean would make burgers, you having realized how hungry you were. Sam would give you one of his moose hugs you missed so dearly.

Time seemed to fly by and you found yourself at the bunker. You raised a gentle fist to knock and slowly the door opened, with a splash of holy water.

"Sam," you smiled. "It's truly me."

But you heard no reply, your brother just emotionlessly stood by the door and Dean soon joined him.

"Dean?" You questioned, sending him a pleading look. "C'mon, clearly I'm not a demon. I- I don't have any silver on me but-" you sighed, they said nothing. "This isn't funny." You looked back over to Sam, but what you saw was horrifying.

He had burning yellow eyes.

"Sam?" You whispered weakly and, in fear, turned to Dean. He had a sinister grin and let out a low chuckle, the same on that had been haunting you.

"No." He whispered. "Let's face it, you were never free."

Your brothers warped into the man you recognized to be Lucifer.

"Come down and play, it's been no fun without you." He lurched forwards and grabbed your hand. "Let's play a game." The earth softened and you felt yourself sinking, stuck in quicksand. You were buried once more.

But you woke up, with no memories, in a box. Nothing but screams and darkness surrounding you.