006

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"So do you think you understand trigonometry a bit better, now?"

No.

"Um, yeah" I answered, nodding a bit. I grabbed my textbook and closed it before stuffing it into my bag along with my notebook. "I guess so".

"Good, that's good" Mrs. Reed smiled, "we'll keep working on it, yeah? And don't be afraid to ask questions in class. The lessons are supposed to help you, but if there is something you don't understand, just ask".

I nodded. "Okay, and thanks for the tutoring".

"You're welcome".

I left after that, tutoring lasted a bit longer than I'd expected. I wanted to go home and take a shower and change into new clothes and come back to the school for the football game, but I couldn't. It was starting in a few minutes and from what I could hear from outside, people were already parking and getting excited for the game.

The bleachers were packed, students and faculty were decked out in the schools colors; royal purple and white. Football was a big deal at the school, the team was actually pretty good, we'd only lost but a few games. Basketball was talked about a lot as well, but the sport wasn't relevant at the moment because it wasn't basketball season.

I found Ray and Elijah near the middle end of the bleachers, they were sitting down and didn't seem to be too concentrated on the game. I walked over to them and sat, Elijah was watching the cheerleaders as they did one of their practiced cheers.

"Aren't they pretty?" Elijah asked, glancing at Ray who just shrugged. "I kind of wish I could cheer, but I'm not good with that type of stuff and I have no rhythm, so".

"You just have to practice" Ray stated. He could handle Elijah's pointless rambling, or at least he pretended he could. I could never listen to him long because I'd get tired of hearing his voice all the time.

"Yeah, I guess so". Elijah pursed his lips as he thought for a moment. "Will someone come with me to the concession stand?"

"Shouldn't you be using that money to pay back those guys?" I asked, Ray looked at Elijah too.

"I'm not buying anything, I'm meeting someone".

"Who?"

"Wouldn't you like to know" he replied, he stood up and hopped down from the bleachers and began walking to the concession stand by himself.

"One day I'm going to reach my limit and punch the hell out of him" I stated, frowning.

"No, you're not" Ray chuckled, he looked at me, "you know why?"

"Enlighten me".

"Because whether you want to believe it or not, the kid looks up to you and you like him".

"I don't like him".

"Yeah, you do" he replied, "you take time out of your day to make sure that he's okay, you know, making sure he's getting home and all that".

"That's not called liking him, it's called tolerating him".

"Why do you do it?"

"Well his parents don't, so..."

"So you decided to pick up the task".

"Yeah, exactly".

"No one told you to do that, you did it on your own. You wouldn't have if you didn't care about him".

"Shut up" I grumbled, I stepped down from the bleachers. "I'll be back, I'm going to make sure the kid didn't get lost, or isn't annoying the hell out of someone".