025

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"How am I supposed to even look at him when I know all he did two nights ago was get drunk?" I asked, frowning at Rayan. He looked up from his notebook, rolling his eyes at me.

"Don't act like you haven't gotten drunk because you didn't want to deal with your feelings, Chresanto" he shook his head, looking around the library for a second, "you want to act like Jacob is the only bad guy here, but you're the bad guy too. You start shit just as much as he does, I had to listen to him question why you guys were always so angry with each other, why you constantly got into arguments. It's because you're both so damn secretive, you haven't told him that you dated his brother and he hasn't told you his true feelings about Axel".

"How does he expect me to tell him things when he doesn't tell me things?"

"Chresanto, you talk so much shit, you know that? You don't think about what you say before you say it, your mouth causes most of your arguments between the two of you. You called him selfish before you even knew the real reason why he was acting the way he was on the night of prom".

I didn't say anything to him because I didn't know what to say yet, Ray was right, I don't have a filter. I hurt people's feelings, and half the time I don't feel bad about it all. I use it to my advantage, talking shit and making people feel inferior whenever I feel like someone is either getting on my nerves or when their getting too close to knowing who I am.

"I've never been in a relationship in my whole life, and I have enough common sense to know that you're not going to get anywhere if you don't talk to your partner and tell the truth. I told you that I wasn't going to tell Jacob about how you dated his brother, that is something he has to find out from you. I'm not going to be the middle man here though, you guys have to work your shit out on your own and if you find that things just genuinely aren't working out, maybe you guys are just better being friends".

"I don't want to break up with him".

"Why not?"

"I like him a lot".

"Not as much as I think you do".

I frowned, I did like Jacob, so maybe I was keeping something from him, but that didn't mean I didn't like him any less. We did get into a lot of arguments and have been a bit more angry lately, but I'm sure neither of us wanted to break up. We just had to... Work on our relationship some more.

I sighed and began to put my books into my book bag. The bell was going to ring soon and I had six minutes to walk all the way across the high school campus to get to my next class in time. Ray and I both stood up and pushed our chairs in, walking towards the front of the library so we could head out.

"Have you talked to Jacob any?"

"Yeah, I checked up on him after taking him home from Jasper's, he had a pretty bad hangover".

"How much did he drink?"

"A whole lot, I heard one of the drinks had Everclear in it, you know that contains around ninety percent of alcohol, if not more. I'm surprised he didn't pass out from dehydration".

"Was it bad that I said I wasn't going to come and get him?"

"Yeah".

"Ray".

"I'm being honest, it was".

"I was just so mad at him, he was seconds away from crying before Jasper came outside and insisted that he get drunk and celebrate his win. Jacob isn't completely over his brother's death, I can tell".