091

(A/N: Messed up a bit with the chapters, the previous author's note pertains to the next chapter, not this one).

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"You okay?"

I looked at Mia from where I was sitting in the passenger seat of her car.

"You asked me that already" I murmured, "literally ten minutes ago".

"Right... Sorry" she apologized as she began to nervously tap her fingers against the steering wheel. I looked ahead and watched Sharon's car turn right onto a different road, Mia followed behind her. "I'm just nervous is all..."

"I know, I can tell".

"Aren't you?"

I shrugged my shoulders a little, "I mean... It is what it is".

"That's not answering my question".

"I'm not nervous, Mia" I sighed as I looked down at my phone.

We were on our way to the foster home. I was moving in today and I wasn't that happy about it. I wasn't going to tell Mia that I was secretly nervous because I knew that was going to make her freak out even more. She was already pent up with nerves.

I put my phone down and decided that I should pay attention to where the hell we were going. I didn't recognize the area because it's not like I had a reason to ever come this way. It looked like a nice area, the streets we were driving down were nice.

I continued to look around when we turned into a neighborhood. I peered at the houses and figured that whoever lived in them had a good amount of money. The houses were large, but not anything too out there.

"I think this is it" Mia said as she parked the car in front of the house as Sharon parked in the driveway.

Mia turned off the car and we sat in silence for a moment before she took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Are you going to cry again?" I asked.

"I'll try not to cry until I'm on the way home" she replied.

Well... At least she was being honest.

"I think we should get out of the car now" I said, noticing that Sharon was standing beside her own car as she waited for the both of us.

"Can I just... Can we sit here for another minute?"

"Why?"

"Because it's just us two right now and it's not going to be once we get out of the car".

I thought about what she said for a minute before nodding my head, "okay".

I figured Mia needed this, she just needed this last moment of being together before she had to give me away to complete strangers. I wasn't going to take that away from her. We sat in silence for about another minute before spoke.

"Okay, I think I'm ready now. Thank you".

"No problem" I said as I opened the car door. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. Sharon walked up to me and smiled a bit.

"I was thinking that you should meet the foster parents first, and then come back and move your things inside?" Sharon suggested.

I shrugged my shoulders, "alright".

Mia joined my side and we walked up the walk way and Sharon rang the doorbell. It wasn't long before the door was opening and two adults, one man and one woman, were revealed. They were both smiling brightly and for some reason it annoyed me.