019

Jacob's P.O.V.

"I'm not supposed to get you a corsage, am I?" Chresanto asked, "because I don't know where to get one of those".

"Females wear corsages" I answered, "I'm not a female. You would have to get me a boutonnière, and I would have to get you one. Florists will arrange them for you, just tell me the type of flowers and the color".

"Oh".

"Mhm" I hummed, I opened my mouth and Chresanto took a grape from the bowl we were sharing and popped it into my mouth. My phone vibrated from it's place on the coffee table, I couldn't see who texted me, so I picked it up to look.

"You're supposed to be studying".

"Damn, Chres, I literally just picked up the phone".

"Yeah, but you get distracted when it comes to this type of stuff. You'll find anything to look at other than your textbooks".

"You're right" I admitted, but continued to look at my phone anyway. Jasper had texted me again, he only texts me to tell me about parties. I glanced at Chresanto, wondering if he'd let me go to this one.

"Jasper's having another party... After prom..." I began slowly, watching Chresanto begin to frown. "It'll be fun!" I added in, "everyone will be there, we can celebrate winning the title of prom kings".

"What're you talking about? We're not even on the ballot".

I stared at him, bringing up a hand to rub the back of my neck. Chresanto looked at me in disbelief, which soon changed to anger.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!"

"It was supposed to be a joke, I submitted our names but I didn't think they'd actually put them on the ballot!" I said quickly, hopping up from my spot on the couch when he grabbed for me. "I'm sorry". I tripped over my bag on the floor and nearly smashed my face into the carpet. "Plus, it's not a big deal anyway, we're not going to win, we're nobodies compared to everyone else who made it on the ballot".

Chresanto glared at me for a short moment before going back to studying.

"Shut up" he scoffed, "you just better hope I don't have to walk my ass up on some damn makeshift stage to accept a plastic ass crown, do you hear me?"

"What'cha gonna do if you have to? If you win?" I asked curiously, biting my lip to keep myself from smirking.

"I'm not going to do it, I don't care about prom king. It's a title that people are going to forget anyway, and plus, it won't even be in the yearbook for this year. Our school is going to put this year's prom in the next year's yearbook because they finish the production of the yearbook before prom".

"What? That's fucking stupid, how do you even know that?"

"Ray helped make the yearbook sophomore year, it's always been that way".

"Oh" I shrugged a little, "well I guess it won't matter if it's in the yearbook if we're not gonna win prom kings".

"Do you even know if our school is LGBTQ plus, friendly? They may not even let that slide".

"Two girls won prom queens last year".

"Oh".

"Yup, two cheerleaders, of course. Everyone voted for them because they were popular or whatever. The school was okay with it, they've always been".

Chresanto turned to a new page in his book and poked his tongue out to mess with his lip piercing.

"Did that hurt when you got it?" I asked curiously.