064

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"Chres, how fast can you get here?"

"Um..." I looked up from my notebook, "I don't know, like ten minutes. Why? What's going on, Elijah?"

"Okay, so... Like..."

"Spit it out" I frowned. "Why do I need to come over?"

"There was another family dinner tonight and you know those already make Ray anxious. So Ray's aunt asked to speak with him afterwards and he didn't say yes, but he didn't really say no. I thought he was going to have a panic attack, like last time, but he didn't. Ray spoke with his aunt and they didn't speak for long because Ray just couldn't do it".

"Okay, so where's Ray now?" I asked, beginning to put my notebook away.

"I don't know".

My action faltered because what did Elijah mean he didn't know? Elijah and Ray were pretty much attached at the damn hip, they went everywhere together, and if they didn't they at least knew where the other was.

"What do you mean you don't know? You're there with him aren't you?"

"No, Ray left. That's why I'm calling you, I don't know where he is. I wasn't able to ask where he was going because he just left so fast. I know he probably just needs some time to himself, he needs to be alone and away from the house, and I respect that, but I at least want to know where he went. It's late and he's not answering my texts or calls. I don't know what to do...".

"I'm on my way" I murmured as I put on my shoes and a grabbed my jacket. I shouted to Mia that I would be back, and once I took my car keys from the key ring, I was out of the house.

"I'm really worried about him" Elijah said, reminding me that I was still on the phone with him. I could tell that he was really upset.

"Okay, listen, calm down" I demanded, frowning as I came to a stop at a red light. My fingers tapped against the steering wheel and I checked the time on the radio. "You're working yourself up, and it's probably all for nothing too. Ray's fine, he's probably at the park or something. It's late Elijah, there's not many places he can be. Almost all of the stores are closed, and he wouldn't even go to a store in the first place".

"Right, you're right, okay" Elijah sighed, "um... How close are you?"

"I'm around the corner now" I answered.

When I pulled up in front of Ray's house, I wasn't expecting Elijah to already be outside, but he was. I watched him stand up from where he was sitting on the front porch and walk down the pathway.

"Where's Ray's parents?" I asked curiously, unlocking the car so Elijah could get in.

"They're inside, they were gonna call the police because you know, Ray just up and left without telling anybody where he was going. I lied and told them that he texted me saying he was at the park and that he needed time alone" Elijah explained. "I think we should go there first because that does sound like a place where Ray would go".

"Alright, do his parents know you're leaving?"

"Yeah, I told them that you and I were gonna check on him..."

"Well lets go then" I said, pulling off and driving in the direction of the park. "So tell me what happened again".

"Okay, so Ray's aunt asked to speak with him after dinner. Ray didn't actually give a verbal answer, he just looked at her for a few seconds before looking away. After dinner, Ray's aunt asked to speak with him again, and Ray's parents were there too. I feel like Ray felt like he was pressured to say yes, so he did. They went to the living room to speak quietly while I helped Ray's parents clean up the kitchen. I couldn't hear anything that was being said between the two, so I don't know what exactly made Ray leave. I heard the front door open and then close, and Ray's aunt walked into the kitchen looking guilty as hell" Elijah rambled, exhaling deeply when he was done. "If she wasn't his aunt, and she wasn't a women, I think I would've fought her".