074

Chresanto's P.O.V.

Ray did not look good, and neither did Elijah.

I didn't say anything as they both sat down at the lunch table, I just looked them over. They both looked equally exhausted, and neither looked like they would make it through the rest of the day.

"So, uh..." I cleared my throat, "what's up?"

Elijah looked at me, "I've been peed on every day".

"Gross" I grimaced. "That's disgusting".

"Yeah, I know. Every time I changed Jeremiah's diaper, it's like he just suddenly had to pee again. Not to mention he doesn't sleep through the night, he's always crying" Elijah sighed. "Hopefully he'll get better at staying asleep".

"Yeah, hopefully" I agreed. "Your parents been treating you okay?"

"Define okay".

"You know, just treating you right and stuff, treating you like you're their son".

"Well then no, not really" Elijah answered. "I'm not surprised though. Moving back in, I knew my parents only wanted me to come back so I could help with the baby. So that's what I've been doing, I just help out. I'm hoping that if I just comply and do what they want me to do, then the quicker they'll let me move back out".

I nodded my head, "hopefully it works for you".

"Thanks".

"What about you?" I asked, looking at Ray whose head was now resting in his arms. I stared at him, wondering if he had fallen asleep or not. I don't think he had, but then again if he did, I would understand why. "Ray?"

"I'm so tired" he croaked, lifting his head and blinking his eyes open. "I could barely sleep before, but ever since Elijah's been out of the house it's like I can't sleep at all now. I've been pulling on my hair a lot more too, which obviously isn't good"

"Sorry that things aren't going well for either of you" I stated, "hopefully they'll get better soon".

"I doubt it" Elijah sighed, "but thanks anyway".

It was quiet after that, Elijah scrolled through and tapped away on his phone and Ray caught up on a bit of sleep. I'd never actually seen him fall asleep in school before, he told me that he managed to never do so, but I guess at some point things begin to change.

From where I was sitting, I could see Jacob and Winston. It felt good to see them together again, which is something that I never thought I would actually think in my whole entire life. Seeing them together meant that they were talking again, and that Winston was back to being by his side. It also felt good to see Jacob back in school in general, after his suicide attempt, Jacob wasn't in school for about a week.

I haven't talked to him since he's been out of the hospital, and I really wanted to. I haven't reached out to him though because I didn't want to be the reason why his depression got worse or something. I've caused a lot of shit to happen to him and I still blamed myself for Jacob's suicide attempt. Even though I was told that it wasn't my fault, it still felt like it was.

When the bell rang to signify that lunch was over, Elijah nudged Ray awake and walked with him to their next class. I walked alone to mine and on the way I crossed paths with Jacob, we looked at each other, but neither of us spoke. I was debating in my head whether or not I wanted to say anything to him, or if I should just keep walking.