070

Jacob's P.O.V.

"So tell me a bit about yourself, just so I can get acquainted with you".

I stared blankly at the man who was sitting across from me. His name was Dr. Owen and he apparently was my therapist for the time being. He was quite tall and behind the glasses that were perched on his nose were warm and inviting brown eyes.

I'd been discharged from the hospital a few days ago, and things had changed at home. I wasn't allowed to take any of my medication without my mom or dad watching me. They tried not to leave me alone in the house too often but it was hard because they still had jobs they had to show up for. I also couldn't close the door to my room because they feared that I'd try to commit suicide again.

"Um... My name's Jacob, but you already know that. I'm seventeen, I like to write in my free time. Um... I don't know what else to say, I'm not that interesting".

Dr. Owen smiled a bit, "sure you are, do you partake in any extracurricular activities?"

"No, I just go home after school".

"Do you like that? Or do you wish to be doing something after school?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I like going home, it means I can go back to my room and stay there. My room is like my favorite place to be now".

"Why is that?"

"Because I can relax there and be by myself".

"Why do you like being by yourself?"

"Sometimes it's nice to just be alone, I don't have to reassure anyone that I'm doing okay. When I'm alone, there's no explaining to do".

Dr. Owen nodded his head a little and I watched him jot something down onto the notepad he had on his lap.

"I don't like to be alone all of the time though. I really like spending time with Winston".

"Tell me who Winston is".

"Winston is... He's my friend. We've gotten really close ever since we met, we like... We kiss but we're not dating".

"Do you want to?"

"Date him?" I asked, watching as Dr. Owen nodded his head. "I wouldn't be opposed to it, I'm kind of nervous to tell him that I wouldn't mind dating him though. Winston was the first person to find out I had overdosed because he came over to talk".

"Why are you nervous to tell him?"

"Well I don't know if he'd want to date someone with depression. He told me he would continue to stay around for me, but staying and dating are two different things".

"I see" Dr. Owen nodded his head again. "I'd like to talk about your suicide attempt, if that's alright with you?"

"It's okay" I agreed, I didn't have a problem talking about my suicide attempt, at least not to Dr. Owen. I was aware that it was his job, the main reason why he was hired was because he was supposed to help me with my depression. He couldn't help me if I didn't talk to him about the things that he wanted and needed to know.

"Why did you try to kill yourself?"

"I didn't want to be around anymore, I was tired of the way I was feeling and the things that I'd been going through".

"What type of things?"

"Well I developed epilepsy which triggered my depression to return. I've had to deal with a bad decision that I made on my part that involved an ex. My insomnia is ever so slowly driving me insane".