Chapter three

-LUKE-

I watched her displayed a completely different personality as she walked out with that girl Amy? Ashley? Something like that...

She completely disregarded the teacher and me, and though I don't want to admit it I know I deserved that. She has changed. She does look absolutely amazing though. I mean she was beautiful before but... I don't even know. I didn't even recognize her. She is- well she was my best friend and I didn't even recognize her.

After everything I did to her I didn't even recognize her. I mean wow. I seriously fucking suck.

And she knows it. Those words keep repeating in my head over and over again and how she said them with pure hatred.

"I want nothing to do with you. Do those words ring a bell? Yeah well now I'm using them on you."

The look of pain and betrayal in her eyes that day was enough to make me hate myself but fuck, today topped it all. But she is right. I told her that I wanted nothing to do with her. She deserves to treat me like this.

I'm a dick and she hates me.

"Hey Luke" I heard some one say and turned around to see one of my best friends Austin.

"Hey" I said back blankly still gazing in the direction of the girl I used to know.

"Have you seen the new girl- well I guess she used to go here but you know this is my second year here so I wouldn't know-" I cut off his rambling

"Yeah, she used to be my best friend before I fucked it all up" I muttered, running a hand through my hair and his eyes widen like I'd just told him I wanted a sex change or something.

"Wait that's the girl you would bring up?" He asked and I nodded distractedly "She is gorgeous!" He exclaimed and I rolled my eyes, I honestly I didn't like it when he said that.

"Yeah well I fucked up with her, all for stupid shit" I said and he slapped me. He fucking slapped me. "What the hell?" I snapped and he gave me his 'are you stupid' face.

"You're an idiot" He simply replied and I rolled my eyes as we walked out of the school, not feeling in the slightest like finishing the day. 

We went to this little coffee shop place where a lot of kids hang out but when we walked in I saw Taylor, with a guy. What the actual fuck? She just got here? He doesn't look familiar? Who is he?

He had his arm around her shoulder and they were across from that other girl who's name I still can't bother to remember. I swear it starts with an A though.

"Um isn't that her?" Austin muttered as his eyes landed on the scene I was seeing. 

"Yeah" I replied still looking at them

"Who's that guy?" He asked and I rolled my eyes as I wondered that myself.

"I don't know" I answered in a mutter just as Taylor looked over and her eyes met my gaze for a single second before she smirked and looked back to the guy and her friend

What the hell? Since when does she smirk? Got damnit she's different.

-TAYLOR-

After Ally and I got out of that hell hole I got a text from my other best friend Liam and he said he wanted to meet up so I invited him to this little coffee shop place with Ally and me.

We talked for a while after getting our booth and everything was pretty chill. I was starting to tell him about my fist day back before I looked towards the door and saw none other than Luke staring at me with some guy and a pissed off look in his eyes. So of course I met his eyes, smirked, and looked away. I turned to Liam and whispered in his ear "You know that guy Luke I've told you about? Well he is standing by the door, don't look though please. Just telling you" I whispered and leaned back as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oh that asshole who hurt you? The one I'm gonna kill? He's here? How delightful." He exclaimed sarcastically and I giggled making him smile showing his adorable dimples.

I had met Liam when I moved into my boarding school dorm and we instantly clicked so he has been my best friend for about two years now and after he graduated he said he wanted to come here with me since he already knew Ally from her visits.

"Just igno-" I began to say but before I could finish my sentence a hand gripped my arm roughly and I obviously figured it was Luke. If not only because of that pissed off look but Liam stiffened before jumping up as I was yanked up out of my seat making me wince. "We need to talk" he nearly growled, I took deep breaths and winced slightly at how hard he was holding my arm and I'm assuming he saw because he loosened his grip but before he could say anything Liam pulling me out of his grip with softer hands as he slid me behind him.

"Don't you ever fucking touch her again!" He snapped and now the whole place was staring at us making me sigh.

"I need to talk to her!" Luke snapped back and I rolled my eyes, trying to stop my grin from appearing at Liam's response.

"Well you don't fucking get to!" Liam replied with a sarcasm filled voice.

"Who said I was asking you! Who the hell are you anyways?" Luke furiously yelled back

"I give zero fucks about what you asked! You lost the privlige to talk to her two fucking years ago" He spat dryly as Luke looked at me with almost betrayal in his eyes. 

You don't get to feel betrayed asshole.

"You told him?" He asked looking hurt but after everything I could care less.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I? He is my best friend. He is the one who makes me feel better when I'm sad and has been there for me for the last two years." I spat out the words coldly and a look of sadness crossed his face.

Wow never thought he'd be a good actor.

"I'm sor-" he started but I stopped him quickly.

"Don't! Don't you dare fucking apologize!" I yelled and my voice cracked and his eyes widened before the same look was on his face.

Ally stepped forward and grabbed my arm while Liam laced his hand in mine squeezing it slightly and flashing me a calming look to calm me down.

"We should go babe" Ally whispered looking at me with her soft eyes. 

"Taylor I really need to talk to you." Luke said stubbornly grabbing my shoulder causing Liam to step forward but I held my hand up to stop his actions and let go of them before taking a step forward.

"No Luke, You said you wanted nothing to do with me. You said I was nothing to you and all those years we spent right beside each other meant nothing to you. You lost my friendship, and my trust. All for your selfish desires you lost the only person that was always there for you. The person who thought you actually were her friend. So don't fucking act like you want to apologize just because I'm back and you feel bad." I said with a venomously calm and cold tone in my voice "Fuck. You probably didn't even care that I left." I spat out with a dry, low, humorless laugh and he looked shocked to say the least but didn't say anything so I shook my head and walked out the door with Ally and Liam in tow.

Well that wasn't what I imagined would happen.