Chapter twelve

-TAYLOR-

"Amelia be careful!" I shouted to the girl who was hazily wandering around in circles. She should not have drank that much, we're gonna get in so much trouble...

"Oh calm down, she's fine." Jamie exasperatedly said with a roll of her eyes.

"We should've just stayed at the party." I stated crossing my arms and she sighed loudly.

"Oh my god if you don't want to be here I'll have Justin drop you off at home while we have fun." She spat and I looked over to the girl who was sitting on the track looking up at the stars.

I glanced back to Jamie and as I opened my mouth to tell her I was staying, I heard Amelia's piercing scream ring through my ears...

I jumped awake from the terrifyingly vivid dream. I looked around and wondered where Luke was then I realized he had to help his mom pack for her trip.

After we had went to his house and I had spoken to his mom she was happy to let him stay at my house considering she was leaving for a while to help her sister out anyways.

Luke had stayed over there to help her pack last night and currently I'm kind of glad for that otherwise I'd have to talk about that dream.

I used to have nightmares all the time but I haven't had this particular one in months. I guess with everything happening and Jamie returning it was just bound to pop up in my brain.

I peeled myself out of bed and after taking a warm shower I got ready as normal but with some large beachy curls in my hair today. I threw on a pair of light blue distressed shorts along with a white quarter sleeve baseball shirt that had maroon sleeves. After putting on my white converse and finishing my make up all that was left was to grab my bag.

Luke was going to pick me up this morning so while I waited for him to arrive I just gathered my things including my house keys, my charger, headphones and gum. All of my actual school supplies minus pens and pencils were in my locker at school already so my bag wasn't too heavy.

Ten minutes later I heard a honk from outside and locked my door before hoping into Luke's black range rover and we just blasted the music and messed around on the short ride to school.

The day passed quickly and my classes seemed to fly by with no drama whatsoever. It was strange. I was expecting Jamie to pop out around every corner but I didn't see her once...

No one had even mentioned yesterday. Not even Austin. Luke seemed confused too but the fact that she wasn't here was not exactly a good thing. She made it clear to me that she was after me so not being here just means she's probably planning something and that doesn't exactly settle my stomach...

Now in my last class of the day, I'm sitting with Luke on my right and Austin on my left. We were messing around whilst 'listening' to Mr Collins boring ass lecture as he drones on and on making practically everyone in the class fall asleep.

"So what do you guys wanna do after school?" I asked the grinning boys who turned their attention to me.

"I want ice cream." Austin declared with a pout and I giggled whilst Luke nodded vigorously in agreement.

"Alright ice cream it is then." I agreed with a chuckle as Collins yelled for us to be quiet, accomplishing nothing but us laughing and continuing our conversation.

When the bell rang Luke and me headed over to his car after parting with Austin and telling him we would see him in a few minutes.

Me and Luke drove out of the parking lot with Austin following in his car as something dawned on me.

"Oh shit Luke can I invite Ally!" I practically yelled and he jumped in his seat.

"Oh my god Taylor don't scare me like that!" He shouted and I giggled in reply "Sure invite your friend as long as the dick doesn't come." He answered and I smiled before calling Ally.

"Hey babe!" I said happily when she picked up.

"Hey what's up" she responded with a laugh and I grinned.

"Wanna come get ice cream with me, Luke and our friend?" I asked and I glanced to Luke as I felt his eyes on me, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Sure I guess, everything still good there?" She asked and I smiled.

"Yeah. Really good." I replied and I heard her laugh lightly as Luke poked my side making me giggle and smack him when we stopped at a light.

"Text me the address." She said and I hung up before texting her where we'd be.

*~*~*~*

When we pulled up in front of the ice cream parlor Luke yelled at me to wait in the car and I obeyed confusedly as he proceeded to get out and walk around the car. When he opened my door and held out his hand for me I laughed and obliged, grabbing his hand as he cordially bowed making me laugh and smack his arm.

Me, Luke, and Austin took a seat at a booth on the left side of the parlor and were joking around for a few minutes before Ally came strolling in the door, meeting my eyes and coming over to our table, plopping down beside me.

"Hey babe" she smiled and I hugged her tightly.

"This is Austin and you've met Luke." I introduced her and she smiled at him politely and said hi to Luke.

"Hello love I'm assuming you're Ally?" Austin smiled his panty dropping smile and layered on the accent thick making me laugh and Ally widen her eyes at me.

"He's British." She stated dumbfounded and I laughed and nodded.

"That's how I reacted!" I exclaimed and Luke rolled his eyes with a grin on his face.

"Dude I clearly need one of those accents." Luke joked and now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Don't worry mate I'll teach you all I know." Austin replied with a grin and we all laughed.

*~*~*~*

A hour or so later Luke and I were driving home and I grinned to myself.

Ally seemed to be warming up to Luke and she was definitely warming up to Austin.

"What's with your face?" Luke asked and my grin just widened.

"It's gorgeous. Duh." I replied sarcastically and he laughed.

"Mhmm" he mumbled and I laughed "But really why are you smiling so much?" He questioned with a brow raised.

"I'm just happy. You and Ally seemed to be getting along, no drama, it's just been a good day." I stated and he too gained a face splitting grin.

I know that soon my life would be beyond fucked so just for this moment I'd like to appreciate this feeling, the feeling that everything's okay.

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a few weeks I've been really busy and I just got a new job there will be a lot more updates soon though. Thanks for being patient with me!💕🖤