Chapter ten

-TAYLOR-

After delivering my supply for the day and laughing every time I made Luke wait in the car I was finally done.

Luke had whined and whined until I finally gave in and agreed to let him come watch me race tonight. Then of course, he proceeded to act like a child who was just told they could eat ice cream for dinner.

I headed home to get ready and threw on my favorite all black outfit. This pretty much consisted of me changing into a black plain crop top and my leather jacket from the outfit I was already wearing. I ditched the beanie and grabbed my helmet and apparently while I was getting dressed, Luke decided he was gonna drive me to the track that way no one saw him riding on the back of the bike. Clearly because that would hurt his precious little ego.

We drove to the arena and I laughed as people assumed he would be racing and told him good luck. He was gonna tell them off but I said just to let me surprise them. Sexist dicks.

We hung out for a bit before they called up my race and I winked at Luke before pulling onto the track.

I saw Luke walk up as close as he could get to the track, which was right on the edge, and grin at me as I put on my helmet and readied myself for this race.

Tonight there was nearly five thousand in the pot and I was determined to win it.

I looked over and immediately saw two of the five of us who weren't winning. They had fucking play bikes instead of some thing you could actually race on. My other opponents were a guy who looked like he was drunk or something and playing for a laugh and a girl with bright pink hair who actually looked like she had a chance.

The girl seemed to be assessing our opponents too and when she looked at me we traded smug smiles knowing that it was between us.

The announcer counted down the race and as soon as he said go we were off.

Me, pinky, and drunk dude pulled ahead of the other two as soon as the race started and after a little bit in drunk guy fell back, due to bad driving.

I glanced a pink haired girl who I already assumed was my only match and she glanced at me too, nodding her head and now we really started the race.

For most of the race we were head to head and as we neared the end I smirked and pulled forward. I can tell I surprised her because I saw her jerk a bit before slamming on her gas to catch up, but just a little too late as I pulled over the finish line.

She stopped beside me and the other racers were barely making it to the line as we got off our bikes and she walked over to me.
"Hey I'm Taylor" I introduced myself to the girl with a huge grin after getting a good race.

"I'm Alex." She introduced herself with an equally as big grin on her face.

"It's funny actually having an opponent to race, usually its just me against myself." I joked and she laughed.

"Yeah, you surprised me too. You're a really good racer, and your bike is amazing." She complemented with a chuckle and I laughed a bit, because she had nearly the same exact model.

"Thanks, you too. I didn't expect a good race tonight."

I talked to Alex for a bit longer as Luke made his way down the track and over to me.

"Hey Tay great job!" Luke ran over and hugged me, spinning me around whilst doing so.

"Thanks" I replied with a laugh after he set me down. "This is Alex, the girl I was up against." I told him and he smiled at her.

"Well good job to you too, if you nearly beat Taylor you must be good." Luke joked and she laughed along with me.

"We should hang out some time." She stated and I nodded and smiled before exchanging numbers with her before me and Luke headed out of here.

"She seemed cool" He mused as we got off the bike in front of a small little cafe.

"Yeah I think so too" I replied with a chuckle and he smiled and opened the door for me.

"So what is this place called?" I asked as we waited for a hostess to seat us.

"It's something in French. That's all I know." He confessed with a grin and I laughed.

We were seated quickly before we ate and headed to my house.

Pulling up into the driveway I rolled my eyes, guess the parents decided to come back early.

Luke looked at the car in front of us and gave me questioning eyes.
"Parents are home." I replied boredly and his eyebrows raised. "C'mon let's go" I said and pulled him with me to the door.

As soon as I walked in I heard my parents talking in the den. I tried to ignore that and sneak up stairs but Luke accidentally shut the door loudly. I widened my eyes and smacked him quite harshly making him jump.

"Taylor? Are you home?" I heard my dad ask and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah but me and my friend were gonna go hang out." I shouted as I tried pulling Luke up the stairs but sadly my parents came out of the den quickly, probably knowing my motives.

"Oh well you can tell your friend to leave because we're talking. And you should know not to bring random boys home. You're more respectable than that and we don't need that kind of disgrace." He told me in his best stern voice.

"Actually no thanks, I think we'll be going upstairs and wow father! I mean I know its been a while but I'd think you would remeber him. Plus, it's not like were fucking so keep your head out of the gutter." I coldly and sarcastically replied making him gape at me as my mother glared.

"Excuse me young lady dont use that language!" My dad yelled and I rolled my eyes before pulling Luke upstairs as they huffed and went into the den once again.

"What the hell was that?" Luke asked as I shut my door.

"What?" I asked in faux confusion trying to avoid the depressing subject as I scrolled through my phone.

And of course one second later my phone is ripped from my hands and a stern yet confused looking Luke is quizzically staring at me.

"What happened when you left? You're parents used to adore you and you never talked to them like that." He questioned and I sighed.

"After what happened I stopped being a face to them. I changed and I wasn't who they wanted me to be. Can we move on from the subject now please?" I groaned and he skeptically nodded and I smiled happily before jumping onto the bed and laying beside Luke just looking at the roof and chatting for the rest of this tiring night.

Things will be happening next chapter... Sorry!