Chapter eighteen

-TAYLOR-

"Get away from me." I spat as Jamie stopped me in the empty hallway. With at least another half an hour left of class I didn't expect to see anyone.

"I just want to talk Tay, I mean we have so much to talk about. Like what happened right before that train came out of no where? Like how we lied to the police? Or maybe about what happened with Alex. He always was your favorite topic." She challenged and I clenched my fists

"You know after what happened I thought, I'm not alone, I still have you. I was so grateful that we were best friends but clearly I wasn't too smart back then." I spat and she rolled her eyes, an annoyed look on her face that was probably mirroring mine.

"Well too bad for poor Taylor." She harshly whispered, stepping closer to me. "Maybe you shouldn't have let Amelia die in the first place. We all know it's your fault. God even your parents do!" She shouted and within a mere second my fist collided with her face, hearing a crack I smirked slightly before punching again where she wasn't holding her face. She swung at me, landing a soft punch on my shoulder because I moved.

Throwing her entire body weight at me, we landed on the floor in a heaping mess. She was sat on top of me randomly swinging her arms towards my face, scratching me a couple times and successfully making my lip bleed. Clearly she doesn't fight much. I thought before I flipped us over and punched her three more times in the face. She lied there as I stood up and started to walk away, I heard her run towards me and I spun just in time to land a knee in her stomach.

"When are you gonna get the message to leave me alone!" I spat down at her and she sneered at me.

The bell rang and I grabbed my bag from the floor and walked towards the bathroom, only of course to be intercepted by a worried looking Luke.

"You look like crap what happened?" He asked pulling me towards the boys bathroom.

"Hey! I can't go in there. And thank you sweet boyfriend of mine!" I sarcastically retorted, stopping in my tracks. He said nothing. He simply smirked at me, tilted his head and threw me over his shoulder before hauling me out of the school.

"And people wonder why I'm never at school!" I shout as he walked over to the car, tossing me in the passengers seat and driving back to the house.

Once we got inside he led me straight to the bathroom, dropping both of our bags by the door.

"Sit." He demanded while pointing towards the counter and I simply obeyed, hopping up and crossing my legs as he dug through the cabinet.

"It's on the far left." I told him as I peered down at him with a grin. He glanced up before opening the far left cabinet and pulling it out, shaking his head with a smile on his face.

"So I'm assuming the big commotion that everyone was surrounding had something to do with you?" He asked as he wiped the alcohol pad over a cut on my forehead and I let a smile grace my face. He chuckled and shook his head again s he saw it making me grin wider.

"Ouch." I flinched as the pad touched my split lip making him stop completely before continuing but softer this time.

"So who was it? Some random bitch who probably looks worse than you?" He asked with a slight smile and I swallowed harshly before looking up at the roof.

"It was Jamie." I told him and he stopped what he was doing. When I looked back down he was staring at my face.

"You're done" He told me after another silent minute or two as he placed the small butterfly bandage onto my forehead. "What happened baby? I know you wouldn't flip on her unless something happened." He questioned as I hoped off the counter and I shrugged, walking out of my bathroom and into my room

"She just said a few things and wouldn't stop following me." I muttered and he sighed I walked towards my bed and he walked towards me, picking me up off the bed and laying down; turning me into his chest.

"So I wanted to ask you this earlier, do you want to go to Mia's birthday party with me?" He asked and I jumped up, he readjusted himself so he was leaning on his elbow and staring up at me.

"Mia? As in cute little adorable niece Mia!" I happily squealed and he nodded. "How old is she turning?" I asked and he laughed, finally sitting up with me.

"This is her seventh birthday." He informed me and I started thinking. Make up? No, not yet. Dolls? Maybe. Race cars? Possibly...

"What does she like?" I asked and he deeply chuckled. Getting off the bed and walking towards the door, I gave him a confused look and furrowed my brow making him laugh as a grin spread across his face.

"I have to get a gift too c'mon he demanded, handing me my black jacket and I smiled before proceeding to bounce over to him and slide on my jacket.

****
"I think we did good!" I happily stated as we exited the mall and tried to remember where we parked the car.

"Me too. I really think she will like them." He agreed sounding sounding almost proud of himself making me laugh. "He don't laugh at me!" He shouted, stopping on the sidewalk as I kept walking and I laughed harder, when he started to come towards me I sobered up and ran. He started shouting my name and I glanced back at him before a look of almost terror spread across his face.

"Taylor move!" I heard him shout but as I turned around and I felt the impact of the truck slamming into my body it felt as though every inch of my body had just been punched in the face.

The truck drove off, when Luke reached me and pulled me into his lap I realized that two other people stood beside him.

"She's bleeding, her head is bleeding." The girl pointed out, Luke looked down at me and usher my hair out of the way.

"Fuck Taylor look t me babe your gonna be okay." He said and as I tried to open my mouth to speak no sound came out, the worry on his face deepened.

"I called and ambulance" The second male voice said before I closed my eyes.

"No Taylor stop no..." His voice faded as I fell into a quiet and calming sleep.

******
AN/ DON'T HATE ME!❤️💕💜💕❤️