Chapter nineteen

-TAYLOR-

As I woke up I felt like there were a million tiny needles poking me all over my body. It wasn't pleasant. And when I tried to move, it was excruciating. All I felt was immense pain.

When I finally had the strength to pry my eyes open I saw a white ceiling, a strange blueish colored wall, and a brown haired boy sitting beside me in a chair. His head in his hands, probably passed out.

"Fuck" I cursed when I tried to sit up, dropping back down onto the bed causing a long string of cuss words to leave my lips.

"Tay-Taylor oh my god, Nurse!" The boys head popped up at my cursing and pressed the button beside my bed about twenty times before shouting. The pain in my head worsening immensely.

"You called?" A nurse casually asked as she walked in before seeing my eyes open. "Oh okay I'll call the doctor to evaluate her." She said in a rush before stepping out of the room to page the doctor and stepping back in a few seconds later. "Would you like anything sweetheart? I could call your parents, they left a few minutes ago they said they'd be back in about an hour." She quickly asked and my eyes bugged out.

"Water" I croaked out, my throats felt as though it had been burnt from the inside out. Also, not the most lively feeling.

I turned to the boy as she rushed out and he was staring at me. He opened his mouth to say something but the door opened, a man in a white coat walking in with a clip board.

"Hello sleeping beauty," He joked with a smile as he came to stand beside me, the boy stepping back silently. "Can you tell me your name?" He asked politely as he looked into both of my eyes with a light, making me flinch in surprise.

"Taylor" I quietly spoke and he nodded, the nurse then came in with the water I'd asked for and I quickly drank nearly all of it.

"Do you remember what happened Taylor?" He asked as he wrote something down on his clipboard.

"I-I was hit. By a car." I stated and he nodded once more, a solemn look taking over his face this time.

"Okay Taylor, well I have a couple more questions for you but you seem very drained so we will continue this in a bit once your parents are here and you're feeling better. Okay?" He spoke strongly and I nodded simply in response.

Both the nurse and the doctor left the room quietly and left me once again with the boy who was still standing back towards the door, fidgeting quietly with his fingers.

"Taylor I-" Tears slipped down his face as he slowly stepped towards me and I felt the tears well in my eyes too before they covered my face.

"Luke come here" I nearly whispered and he was beside me in a mere second, his arms wrapped around me as I curled into his chest.

"Baby I'm so sorry" He quickly let out in a hushed tone and I pulled back, staring into his eyes.

"You didn't do anything wrong." I told him seriously and he shook his head. Releasing my hand from his, he wiped the tears from beneath my eyes as he repositioned himself on the bed beside me.

"I wasn't paying attention, and I chased you a-and I- you've been asleep for four days Taylor. I was so scared..." More tears slowly fell from his long and dark lashes. It hurt. It hurt more than my entire body hurt just seeing how much pain he was in. "I'm just so so sorry baby I never though you'd- I ju-"

"I love you." I whispered, cutting off his rambling. He looked at me, a shocked looked on his face as he stared at me for a good minute. "Are you-"

His lips were in mine in a split second and it didn't matter how much my head or side hurt, I felt an immense surge of happiness as he let every ounce of his love bleed through the kiss and I'd never felt happier. Lying in a hospital bed, probably with some broken bones, and tears running down my face. This was my happiest moment.

When he pulled away from my chapped lips I smiled weakly at him, holding his hand as he looked at me.

"I love you too" He replies with an equally weak smile. After finally taking in his appearance I felt terrible. He probably hadn't left this room for days. His hair was a mess, his eyes were red and droopy from crying and at the sight I felt a new tear slip down my face before I wrapped him in a hug.

And when the door opened I barely glanced up but what I saw surprised me. I mean it shouldn't have been too surprising, I was in a nice room with a large window covering nearly an entire wall, it had a flat screen tv and a large bed. Someone had to have demanded all of that.

"Mom, Dad." I weakly whispered as I took in their appearances. My dad wasn't in his usual suit and tie. He looked disheveled, exhausted, and sad. My mom had her usual done up hair down and in a large mess, with her makeup nonexistent. They were here. They cared.

"Oh babygirl" My mom cried before rushing towards me, I let Luke go me wrapped my arms around her body while she cried. "I'm so sorry" she cries into my shoulder as tears flooded my face once more. When she finally pulled away I glanced up to my dad, he stood there staring at me with tears in his eyes and I felt my heart pulse in pain.

He didn't say a word, he simply wrapped his arms around my small frame and sobbed. The number of times I had seen my father cry, much or less sob could be counted on one hand. I was stunned as I felt his tears in my skin. I didn't know what to do.

"We were so worried." He told me as he returned to my mothers side and Luke returned to mine.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as Luke gripped my hand and I glanced at him with a small smile before returning my gaze to them.

"No, no. Don't be darling." My mother said seriously and I just nodded.

"Do you need anything?" Luke asked and I shook my head as he sat beside me in the chair. I patted the bed beside me and he laughed softly before sliding in beside me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder as my parents sat besides my bed in two of the chairs.

"So do you wanna watch a movie?" I asked awkwardly as I glanced around the silent room and smiled as I got a few laughs in response.

"Whatever you want." My dad replied with a half smile and I grinned weakly, takin the tv remote from the bedside and putting on one of my favorite movies.

I looked around the room and nearly burst into tears, or maybe laughter, I'm really not sure. Because how is it possible that me almost dying and getting hit by a car could have possibly just put my family back together and make me realize I'd met the love of my life? Oh yeah. I am severely fucked up.

AN/// PLEASE READ!!!

OH MY FUCKING GOD. SO HEY GUYS.

SO I DIDN'T PLAN ON UPDATING FOR A FEW DAYS. BUT I JUST LOOKED AT MY READS AND I FINALLY REACHED 10k!!!!!!!

So literally I just sat down for a good hour and wrote this chapter and it also influenced the good outcome, :D BUT SERIOUSLY THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I cannot explain how happy I am right now. I love you guys so fucking much and just oh my god thank you! ❤️❤️❤️