Chapter twenty-four

-LUKE-

"We need to take those two out." Dimitri stated and my eyes widened in alarm.

"Dude we don't even know if this is where Taylor is. Don't go around taking people out."

"Yes and what if she is here and someone is hurting her?" He replies exasperatedly and my heart drops at the thought of some one hurting her.

She has been through so much.

She lost her sister, her twin sister and somehow she is being blamed.

Amelia never would've never wanted this.

She never would've wanted anyone to hurt her sister.

"Lets go." I muttered as we crept towards the building.

-TAYLOR-

They stared at me, Max's face growing angrier by the second while he registered what I had just said.

We all killed her. It's all our faults.

Max was the first to snap, within five seconds I felt his hand smash across my face and my head whip to the side.

"I loved her!" He screamed and I spat the blood from my mouth towards him before laughing humorlessly.

"If you loved her than why did you break her heart? Why did you cheat on her with me. We looked nearly identical so looks couldn't have been the issue." I said, my voice raising louder with each word. "If you loved her, then why did you do it!" My voice raised to a scream, as I went to proceed with my next words I felt the chair give out from under me, my body falling backwards, my head slamming onto the ground, and my consciousness slowly fading.

-LUKE-

For the third time in the past five minutes I fired a gun, I failed the first two times but this time I actually hit the block of wood Dimitri had set up. We had driven a bit away so my terrible practicing wouldn't be heard and apparently the one good shot was enough for him as he ushered me back into the truck, leading me to shooting someone for the first time.

"Kid stop worrying." I heard Dimitris voice snap me out of my thoughts "You probably wont even have to shoot the gun. Another thing about them is that if you hit someone over the head with the back of a gun, all you have to do is add enough force and you only knock them out. So stop stressing." He says with a reassuring smile and I let out a small breath of relief, clearing my mind of the thought of missing the leg and killing someone.

The rest of the ride was pretty much silent. Both of us thinking about what could happen in our heads.

Both of us thinking about what could've already happened to Taylor.

--------

Once we had pulled up near the creepy building again the sun was set and we were walking towards it in the dark with our gun up.

"Are we clos-" I started to whisper ahead to Dimitri when I was shushed and stopped suddenly.

"Shhh!" He shouted back at me, coming to a stop in front of me, I went to ask him why but quickly stopped when I heard two voices coming near us, shouting quietly at each other.

"I get that you were pissed but did you have to do that! Now she's passed out!" The familiar female voice shouted and the male groaned and snappily replied.

"I just kicked the chair leg! I didn't know it would break and the dumb bitch would knock herself out!" He argued and I felt my blood boil as I looked past Dimitri to see an angry looking Jamie ranting to a tall guy who I'm assuming just hurt Taylor by their conversation. I nearly lunged at them as Dimitri blocked me and shook his head.

Just at the sound of his voice I would've happily fired the gun straight into his head.

"Fuck this. I'm not waiting for her to wake up, lets just go make her!" He shouted and I nearly shot him before he stormed off, Jamie following on his tail.

"What the fuck Dimitri!" I whisper shouted and he went to speak before I interrupted him. "That's them! Why did you block me?" I shouted and he shook his head.

"I got that much but you can't just go off and try to attack like that. Especially not with a gun." He calmly explained and I sighed nodding in response.

"So what do we do?"

--------

-TAYLOR-

"Taylor . . . Baby wake up." I heard a faint voice say, waking me from my unconsciousness.

Sirens and shouts surrouded me as my eyed slowly blinked open and I was met with the eyes of the boy I'd grown to love.

"I-I don't understand. Why are you here? How?" I stuttered, the words flowing out in a rushed breath. He simply shook his head and wrapped his arms around me, soothing any ache or pain I had.

"We're gonna get you home baby, they arrested them. Its all gonna be okay."

"Okay . . . "

********

That night when we got home, after they made sure I was okay, Luke began to explain to me what happened.

Him and Dimitri had called the cops before going in and knocking out 3 people. They had gotten into the room just as Max was pulling up my chair. He had gotten a few punches in and Jamie tried to run but was quickly caught and arrested.

All in all the cops said I got lucky, they are evaluating their mental states and will be put on trial for kidnapping and possibly attempted murder.

"That's terrifying. The fact that people I had been so close to could've killed me." I quietly told him, he pulled me into his lap as we sat on the couch and simply held me comfortingly.

"I will never let anyone hurt you again. " He murmured into my hair, placing a soft kiss on my head. "I know how strong you are but this is more than anyone should ever have to deal with."

"Thank you . . . " I whispered after a few minutes of silence. He paused and turned to meet my eyes with a questioning look. "If you hadn't gotten Dimitri and came for me I probably wouldn't be alive or at least in pretty good shape." His eyes glazed over with sadness as I held his face in my hands.

"You saved me. You've always saved me. You're my superman . . . " I let out, a tear running down my face as his eyes glistened  with the tears he was holding in.

He let a small smile cover his face before he pulled me closer and kissed my lips with every ounce of strength and love he had.

"Always." He whispered strongly, running his hand over my cheek and wiping away the single tear. "I love you so much." He told me and my smile too, grew quite a bit.

"Me, you, more." I relayed the words I'd repeated so many times before. When I had no idea how much I really meant those words or how I would mean them one day. "I will always love you more."

"Not possible."

A/N:

Guys, I cannot believe I am almost done with this book. I know I havent updated in a while, which I am so sorry for but thank you to those of you who still read and comment with all your support. It's truly amazing.

There will be only 2 more chapter's after this, I will be posting them both at the same time. Very, VERY, soon. I hope you guys enjoy and I just wanna say thank you again.