Chapter sixteen

-TAYLOR-

"Luke where are you taking me?" I asked for the millionth time with a loud sigh. He had taken it upon himself to blindfold me and start driving without giving me any knowledge of where we were going, I'm not quite sure how long we'd been driving but the fact that I stopped hearing the rain a while back sucked.

"You'll see." He repeated for the millionth time in response before resting his hand on my knee and gripping it firmly. "I promise we're almost there." He let out with a laugh and I just pictured the huge grin on his face which made me smile.

We drove for a couple more minutes before I finally heard the car stop. Luke got out and as I expected him to come around to my side and let me out, I was wrong. I sat for a minute or so before hearing him shout to hold on a second. Resulting in me sitting in the car for a good five minutes before he actually came back.

"Alright, it's ready." Luke said proudly as he took hold of my hand and guided me out of the car.

"You know I'm still blindfolded and can't see right?" I said with sarcasm in my voice, getting a deep chuckle in reply.

"Just one more second Taylor."

"You said that ten min- Oh my god..." My accusation was cut off by him removing the blindfold and showing me what he had been planning.

"Yeah I kinda had Austin help set it up when we were at the restaurant, I mean we've only been dating for a couple of hours but I felt like a real date would make it all official..." He trailed off and I spun around to see him looking at his feet making me giggle.

"It's amazing." I reassured him as I grabbed his hand and led him towards the clearing between the trees. It was a simple picnic basket sat on top of a blue and white blanket, underneath two large trees that were right on the edge of the cliff. The lake below us, the stars above; it was beautiful.

"Come sit" He nervously sputtered as he dragged me towards the blanket and we sat down.

"So what's in the basket?" I asked and he laughed before pulling out a bottle of champagne making me raise my eyebrows. "What? We are celebrating." He happily said with his perfect flirty grin on his face as he pulled out chocolate covered strawberries.

"This is the most cliche thing I have ever seen in real life." I started his grin faltered just the slightest. "But. It's also the cutest and most romantic thing too." I finished and leaned over to peck him on the lips.

"Champagne?" He asked in a posh fancy accent and I nodded with a small laugh while he poured me a glass.

"Remind me to smack Austin tomorrow." I casually told him and he raised his eyebrows.

"Why exactly are you doing that?" He asked, puzzled and I laughed.

"Because he didn't tell me about this! He supposed to help me with secret plans, not you!" I whined and threw my arms up, frustratedly. To which he just shook his head, a grin alighting his face.

"He is my best friend ya know!" He playfully shouted with a laugh and I rolled my eyes.

"Well he still must obey me! I am the girlfriend man!" I joked back and he grinned happily at me before leaning over to press a short kiss onto my lips.