Chapter fifteen

This chapter is dedicated to theonlyquadracorn because her comments always make my freaking day!💜😋

-TAYLOR-

"Are you guys ready to go?" I heard my Father shout up the stairs. Sighing, I looking in the mirror one last time. Throwing on a white simple cocktail dress that flared out at the bottom with a white lace covered top, I slid on my black heels. Then I grabbed my black small shoulder bag and threw my phone into it before exiting my closet.

"Hey Luke you done- wow you clean up nice." I said with a laugh as I looked up to him, his hair was still messily perfect but in a different way although that may just be from him continuously running his hands through his hair, he had on a black button up shirt and black pants. Simple, yet hot.

"You don't look to bad yourself." He joked with a wink, making both of us laugh, and lastly he pulled me in to place a short kiss on my lips before we traipsed down the stairs and into a little staring match.

"Ah finally." My mother sighed as she grinned sweetly at me making me raise my eyebrows.

"I know we've been gone for a while but can you at least pick up your clothing." My father accusingly ridiculed as he held up our shirts and ran his scrutinizing eyes over us.

"Sorry" Luke quickly replied before taking the shirts which he ran up the stairs.

"So when did that happen?" My mother asked while my father stood broodingly behind her.

"What are you talking about?" I carelessly responded and she chuckled.

"I'm not stupid. You're clearly together, or was the red faced and shirtless encounter in the kitchen, well also the living room I'm assuming, just what? Working out?" She judged and I rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders as Luke came back down the stairs and they walked out the door.

"You okay?" he whispered before we exited.

"Alcohol. I need alcohol." I replied as we walked out. "We're taking my car see you guys there!" I shouted as I gave Luke the keys and we hopped in.

*****

"We have an open table by the bar or towards the window, which would you like?" The hostess, a really pretty blonde girl named Eden who was maybe 5'2, smiled at us and asked politely as I silently pleaded bar in my head.

"The window please." My father answered and she nodded silently, probably terrified of him. She walked us over to a cute little table with a white table cloth and pretty hanging lights and seated us, handing us menus before a waitress arrived about a minute or two later.

"Alright now do you guys know what you want to drink?" She asked politely and my father gave her a rude sideways glance and looked at me to reply.

"Hi, yes we'd  like a bottle of your finest wine it doesn't matter the expense or the brand just has to be red." I said hurriedly and when I glanced at my parents my mother was, not surprisingly, rolling her eyes at me while my dad just shook his head.

"And two iced tea's please, one sweet one with just lemon." I finished and looked back at Luke with a boasting smile because I knew what he wanted. Before glancing back at her with a smile, which she returned before glancing back at my parents.

"A scotch. Anything top shelf, dry." My dad said with a sigh as he ran his hand over his face.

"I will have a glass of Chardonnay please, and a glass of lemon water." My mother said politely as I felt a hand rest upon my knee. I glanced at Luke and removed my arms from the table and slipped my right hand under it and into his, making him smile in response.

"Okay I will be right back with your drinks and some one will come o take your orders in just a minute." She cordially said before heading towards the bar.

"Really Taylor. Wine? You're underage." My mother judged and I smiled sweetly.

"Yeah I know. That's why you're paying because it's the only damn way I'm making it through this dinner." I said pointedly and she once again rolled her eyes a different waiter brought out drinks and left.

"So Luke what makes you believe that you can date my daughter without my permission?" My dad easily said and as the words came out of his mouth I nearly choked on the tea I had just taken a drink of.

I glanced at Luke who looked like a deer caught in the headlights before angrily staring at my father.

"What makes you believe I need your permission to date anyone? I mean he's been more present in my life than you have been maybe you should be the one asking for permission to see me." I spat coldly and he feigned hurt before silently brooding.

"So what will you have to eat?" The waiter who brought us our drinks asked and I smiled at him, he had dark brown hair and almost golden eyes which glistened as he smiled back at me and I nearly laughed when I felt Luke squeeze my hand under the table which I squeezed back in reassurance and nodded for him to order.

"I'll have the Parmesan chicken and she will have the baked ziti." Luke said as he glanced at me, making me giggle that he knew exactly what I wanted. Though I've been coming here for over a decade, many times with him and I always order the same thing.

"Yes, yes and we will have two of the alfredo's." My mother replied and my father gave a curt nod as his only response.

"So we're here. It's lovely. Are we done now?" I asked and got only a roll of my mothers eyesight response, my father not even making a attempt to move.

*****
Nearly an hour later we had hardly said more than five words to each other, me and Luke had been kicking each other under the table and trying to stifle laughs every time they would glare at us.

"Okay we're done eating I've had 4 glasses of wine and can no longer entertain myself. See you guys later." I quickly rushed out, taking hold of Luke's hand as we ignored their protests and ran out the front door, waving bye to eden who was laughing to herself.

"Wait it's raini-"

"Oh my god!" I shouted as I ran straight into the pouring rain and got soaked.

"Taylor come here you're gonna get sick!" Luke yelled from under the awning and I laughed and smiled at him before I proceeded to spin in the rain.

"Rain is amazing! You come here!" I shouted to him and he smiled, shaking his head before coming into the rain with me. I thought he had agreed with me but I was sorely mistaken when he laughed and picked me up before running to the car.

"No! No Luke the rain! I love the rain!" I shouted in the midst of our laughter as he put me in the car and got into the drivers seat.

"Well you also love heels, and being buzzed. Mixing all of those together isn't the best of ideas." He pointed out and I nodded, letting out a giggle.

"True, true. But I don't wanna go back to their house!" I frustratedly let out with a sigh and he smiled.

"Who said we were going back there?"

***************

OKAY GUYS. TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE WEEK.
No really though. Sorry it's been a while since I last updated, I've been so freaking busy but thankfully things are finally chilling out so I should AT LEAST have a chapter a week, if not more. But as always, thank you guys so freakin much for reading and commenting it's so freaking awesome that this book went up almost 1.5k in the past month and a half. So once again thank you sfm. I love you guys!!!